• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Got two more replies for the 42s on Craig's list...lol... one guy asked if I'd go $800 the other was lower and some trades . Their reasoning for this value was they found a pair of them for sale at $150 ...yep and while pricing CL I spotted them also they are old and low tread and for 20 inch wheels and not a set just TWO. The folks with trades always crack me up trying use shyt they are too lazy to run to the dump for possible trade of value . I may just end up with two sets if rubber since I don't need the cash from selling the tires I just don't want them taking up room and getting old with no real use . Craig's list needs a filter for window shoppers .

Have some crap in the for sale section I did list the stuff in there with a dollar value, but I really don't have a,use for any of it , so if anyone needs ...1.75 coil spacers, prothane coil Inserts, or a set of RE 7.5 front lift coils I'll probably toss them for free... because when the rear ori i stall is done all the stuff piled on my trailer is going to the dump .

20180315_164338-528x400.jpg
Shock tower cross brace
20180315_164310-525x400.jpg
Shock tower tie in brace to exo cage

20180315_164327-550x400.jpg
Tower exo tie in passenger
20180315_164302-500x400.jpg
Same shyt. And below is what holds them to the exo cage... was too lazy to cope and fit tube so it's a piece of .750 cold rolled beveled at 30° top and bottom and boxed in at the sides with some dinky. 125 to hide the tube poking through .

I still need to clean it up but it should be adequate strength wise. ;-)

20180315_164711-528x400.jpg

Lol... it appears everyone wants nice tires, but most Craig's listers are trying live a Beer life style on mouth wash money... Had a guy ask me if I was flexible on the $1400 I replied ...nope...he still counter offers with $800 ...lol... I got the coin in hand for new rubber , but I am just not willing to give these Rockers away to a stranger for near free and I can't have these taking up space , so I think Monday these come off the list of Craig and just get used up a bit then sold to folks

Used some of the stuff freerider has been using on the blue Jeep. I have a ton left over so might do a little on my zj. Going to add some more foam to the back there then I ordered a big chunk of rubber floor mat material to cover the tunnel with. Should help with the heat radiating off the tunnel.

25994743767_b1c7fc2c69_c.jpg

Lol... it appears everyone wants nice tires, but most Craig's listers are trying live a Beer life style on mouth wash money... Had a guy ask me if I was flexible on the $1400 I replied ...nope...he still counter offers with $800 ...lol... I got the coin in hand for new rubber , but I am just not willing to give these Rockers away to a stranger for near free and I can't have these taking up space , so I think Monday these come off the list of Craig and just get used up a bit then sold to folks

What about people you know. Asking for a friend. :D

Pulled the tires from CL way too many window shoppers with no cash . I intentionally left no phone number just email the reason being I can ignore window shoppers...I made mistake of calling one and I don't understand how a person living 300 miles away thinks I owe them a discount for their travel or that they only have 16.5 wheels and ask if I could pretty much throw in the wheels... yeah sure why not they are only a $1300 set of allied/raceline with 3 uses on them ...lol... folks have these confused with the $800 set of 15 year old bald swampers on $35 wagon wheels they see on CL . I am going to run these damn hard for a few runs this summer and use the $3500 I was going to spend on traps now on some other items then come fall buy a set of trepadors and sell the rubber at price CL shoppers will pay .

FYI, eBay is running 15% everything today.

Code: PSPRINGTIME

FYI, eBay is running 15% everything today.

Code: PSPRINGTIME

Is that just for retail sales kind of stuff? Or can you use that to buy from any auction and they reimburse the seller?

Pretty sure its everything. There are a few exceptions, but so far it knocked off dollars my winch , ACOS and rear gears.

Is that just for retail sales kind of stuff? Or can you use that to buy from any auction and they reimburse the seller?

It tends to be one day only, so Buy It Now really only works.

I imagine eBay takes the hit or something, especially on the ones lately that have been for anything on eBay.

I might make a list of wants for the next one, since you can get items on there, even from the same vendors (Summit, Northern Tool, etc. etc.) and use the coupon.

Went to rent a u haul car hauler since my trailer is covered in crap from my XJ project , well I hook up the 7 pin plug and no lights ...no brakes , markers, turns , or flashers . I couldn't use my 4 pin because I did not fix it after getting my foot stuck in It and yanking the plug off . Thought maybe the park lamp fuse was blown but the brakes. turn , and flashers run off other + supplies so they should work anyway . So I checked the fuse I recall being my park lamps it looked ok then I pulled a few just in case I was wrong, well they won't rent the trailer if no lights, so I leave get to the house and grab the meter probe the pins and I have turn. flashers, and brake power ...no park lamps . So while no park lamp power everything else had power , so I think their trailer harness had an issue on that f-inh Uhaul because power was at the pins ...lol...whata waste of time .

Hmm, my Ford doesn’t have that problem. .!.. :D ..!.

If Dodge only made bodies as well as Ford did/does.

They have great drivelines, but the bodies...just...what's up with them.

Everyone I've known that's had a Dodge Truck (not brand new), has had problems with one or more of the following:

- Paint (peeling, rusting, etc.) The Second Gen's must have been painted with the same stuff Toyota used for a while. Dodge Neons of the same era have that issue as well.
- Squeaks...lots of them. Either the dash, doors, seats, etc.
- Electrical - the most farking random electrical issues. Like their a kin of the '97XJ :laugh:

By no means is Ford perfect (See the 6.0L and 6.4L), but the cabs were at least nice. Mine's a '99 and looks a hell of a lot better than those I know with similar year Dodge's.

I'm not rich enough to afford a new Dodge, GM, or Ford...so no comments on those :D

Correction, they chose a good engine manufacturer to source their diesel engines from. The transmissions are junk, other than the Toyota sourced Aisin's they started offering years back. They couldn't even build reliable manual transmissions to put behind the Cummins.

The 6.0L did have its issues and they have been very well documented over the years. I'd still buy one though. I've also known plenty of people with bone stock and high mileage 6.0L's that have never had any issues. The 6.4L actually wasn't too bad. There was a string of injector failures that caused extreme oil dilution and in some cases piston failure (as I the piston literally melting out of the engine). Other than that most of the problems were oil dilution caused by the DPF regen cycle putting fuel into the cylinder on the exhaust stroke. GM had this issue with the Duramax too, eventually adding an extra injector after the turbo for regen. The 6.4L is/was also prone to fuel/water contamination and the subsequent fuel system issues that can cause. Also there have been reports of rocker arm failure, but only on tuned engines. The Cummins also had similar issues when they first went common rail, literally melting pistons out of the engine and fuel system failures caused by water contamination. I would however not buy a used 6.4L PSD. If I were in the market for another truck it'd either be a late model 6.0L or an early 6.7L, assuming of course another unicorn 7.3L didn't fall into my lap. The 6.4L's fuel system uses way more expensive parts than the Cummins or Duramax, has too many emissions components to fail, and quite frankly there is a reason Ford dropped it as quickly as they did for their own in house designed 6.7L Diesel.

Last edited:

If it was anybody else I wouldn't have made the comment. However, when the guy that always has to start a diesel debate says there was something wrong with his truck its game on. :D

Almost 200k miles on my 2008 2500 6.7 Ram on 31 33s and 40k on 35s . Runs an edge tuner for a few extra hp and adds gauges for things Dodge did not feel necessary in early models for owners to see . The body besides a few door dings looks about new . Source of the no trailer lights was Two issues ...park lamp fuse and a quick meter probe at the pins shows no power then a quick grab up behind the bumper reveals the harness plug was loose it appears when I replaced the bumper that got crushed in 2014 I never properly clipped the harness plug detent...all works fine with the plug in...duh...anywho this nearly 200k old 68rfe is still running correctly and the first year I had it I burned down 6 sets of rear 31s in parking lots, which is not easy on the trans . I'm sure If I had a Ford it would hold up as well I do my basic maintenance which is many folks issue .

Back