• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 8 1/4" Trak Lok sure grip guts interchange

OffRoadToad

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all! Newbie here and trying to hunt down a 100% yes or no on a particular aspect of 27 and 29 spline trak lok differentials found in Chrysler corporate 8.25" rear ends. (I am finding bits and pieces of info, but I figure someone on here knows even if they haven't actually tried it).

I understand about the switch from 27 to 29 spline mid-90s and how the 29 axle is slightly larger diameter therefore the side holes in the carrier are larger. In my application I must (read MUST) retain 27 spline axles - there are no interchanges for my rear end.

Question being: If the side bearings races are the same 27 vs. 29 (and I am pretty sure they are), can I simply swap 27 spider gears into a 29 spline carrier?

Disclaimer: I am one cheap, yet resourceful, toad! So refer to this if you ask yourself, "But why?" Or just think of it as a hypothetical.

No, the carrier and side gears are different!

Back