• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motor Mounts and Engine Plates by SFR

StinkyFab

NAXJA Forum User
For years we've been making replacement Engine side Mounting plates for the 4.0L. They are all CNC cut and assembled here in southern California. We originally built them custom for a couple race jeeps, but since putting them into production they have grown into our most popular product, and for good reason. They completely solve one of the most serious problems a jeep can have.....the engine falling out. We also keep the prices low, because who doesn't like a deal?

100_1760-s.jpg

Recently we decided to also start building our own frame side mounts as well. We had been selling another companies parts, but felt we could improve on the design and make it at a lower price. As it turned out we were able to lower the retail price by nearly 35%!!!

frame.jpg

Take a minute and check out our web site at www.stinkyfab.com, these are just a few of the parts we sell. In addition we also offer custom suspension links, rod ends, radio and GPS mounts, and fabrication tools. Keep an eye on the specials forum as well for NAXJA exclusive deals we'll be posting periodically.

*HINT* the engine plates are on special right now ;)

The transmission is a direct replacement for the stock one. Dimensionally it is the same height, though it's likely that it will be taller than most older stock mounts since they tend to sag over time. The bushings used are the most common standard size and are available in a multitude of materials and hardnesses. We chose a somewhat middle of the road poly bushing, and keep those in stock, but if you want something harder or softer they are easy to find at virtually any off-road shop.

These bushings do not require a press or any special tools to install. I also personally don't feel that rubber is necessary which is why we chose the bushings we did. Poly is available in a range of durometers from rock hard to bubblegum soft. We went with one in the middle. Our test vehicle is a bone stock XJ and the owner reported that he didn't find any noticeable increase in vibration compared to his new stock replacement mount.

If you really feel the need for rubber bushings they are available from all sorts of online vendors as well, such as ruffstuff specialties, polyperformance, ballistic etc. They are a 1.5" OD x .75" ID tophat bushing with a 2"ODx.25" thick flange on the end. I'd be happy to order in a set for you, but honestly it'd be far cheaper for you to order them directly from a place that stocks them.

I got mine a couple days ago and the poly bushing is one of the softest poly bushings I have ever seen. I doubt it is going to increase vibes much if at all. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one even if you are worried about vibes. I hope to install it next weekend sometime if you want an update. The mount is also VERY nicely made.

Glad to hear it arrived, and I certainly hope you'll update with your impressions once you get it installed! Thanks for the order, and the compliments.

BTW, for those who haven't seen it yet here's a picture of the Transmission mount we're discussing. Available for most XJ models on our web site.

117_3936-s.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Dallas. I imagine these will make replacing the bushing with the cross member in place achievable.

Any experience doing this?

This is what I originally wanted, wish you came out with it a few months earlier. Might just buy one and sell the Daystar mount. These look really nice

I haven't tried it, as I find it pretty easy to just drop the crossmember, but I dont see any reason why you couldn't pull the through bolt, then pull the bolts from the transmission and remove one half of the mount at a time. Seems like it would be less hassle to remove the crossmember to me, but I know some people have other modifications that make removal more work than normal.

The mount (both stock and ours) has an angle to it, so the dimension really depends on where you measure. Looking at the drawing the height at the center point is a little under 2.75". If that wont fit with your atlas install I am working on a lowering plate for the stock crossmember. There's a picture of the prototype in the Team NAXJA KOH XJ build thread.

These bushings do not require a press or any special tools to install. I also personally don't feel that rubber is necessary which is why we chose the bushings we did. Poly is available in a range of durometers from rock hard to bubblegum soft. We went with one in the middle. Our test vehicle is a bone stock XJ and the owner reported that he didn't find any noticeable increase in vibration compared to his new stock replacement mount.

If you really feel the need for rubber bushings they are available from all sorts of online vendors as well, such as ruffstuff specialties, polyperformance, ballistic etc. They are a 1.5" OD x .75" ID tophat bushing with a 2"ODx.25" thick flange on the end. I'd be happy to order in a set for you, but honestly it'd be far cheaper for you to order them directly from a place that stocks them.

thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for having some transparency! I understand many companys want to sell you replacement bushings, but most of them cop attitude when you call them for a ~$12 part....

I appreciate the transparency, I also appreciate the application specific product development, and look forward to purchasing stuff from you in the future!

Cheers!

We've got lots of everything in stock ready to ship right now! Just got a ton of pieces in from the laser cutter so no wait times for you!

I've had a couple calls this week asking about lead times on our motor mounts and engine plates, so here's the answer......there currently is none. I've got plenty of all models in stock and ready to ship. Transmission mounts too.

This is just one of many shelves lined with product ready to head to you.
12006225_832005043586226_9187558070848338709_n.jpg

Back