• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check Engine Light Wiring

nosigma

NAXJA Member # 1371
NAXJA Member
Does the wire running from the computer to the check engine light carry a switching 5V or 12V signal to the light or does it provide a switching ground for the light to flash its codes?

John

Assuming the 92 in your profile - it is switched ground on a 94 and a 91 so I am guessing the same on 92.

I really appreciate the infor on the switching ground. The "rig" is a 66 Rambler American convertible. Motor is a 95 4.0 stroker (4.8L). Electronics are 95 reworked by Hotwire.com to a hot rod harness. Unless someone knows what voltage is fed I will start with 5V since thats what the sensors work on and then jump up to 12V if that doesnt work.

First start and cam break in this weekend. Fingers crossed.

For what its worth the head is heavilly reworked and built on a flow bench (flow and velocity profile data posted on Jeep Strokers page). It use to be a triple 45DCOE 258 (264 bored out) motor.

100_8084_zpsefb935c3.jpg

100_6164-1.jpg

Nice, I'm jealous! I guess I can't say you stole my idea since I'm not the only one who's talked about it, but I would love to do a stroked inline Rambler convertible... I figure back it up with a NSG370 6 speed and a 3.55 rear and you'd get pretty solid MPG too!

Back