• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTF!

Well, put a new (not remanufactured) NAPA alternator in and it's charging now.
Put my meter on the battery posts with engine running and I'm getting 13.8 volts, max turn on a/c and lights and it's down to 13.5 - 13.6
dash gauge reads much lower than my meter.....it's a Fluke so, I know it's accurate.
I'm used to my Toyotas that put out over 14 volts even with the lights, a/c, wipers......on. Should I be concerned, then again, it's always been that way(?)
The other thing that concerns me is that the GEN light never came on when the alternator was going out.
Hans

My '96 runs in that same voltage range.

The lack of a light would disturb me too. I just had to replace my alternator this past February. I was glad the light gave me warning. That allowed me to make it to the parts store and get the alternator replaced before I was stranded. Stranded in nowhere'sville Idaho at that. The parts store was probably the only one around for another 40 miles or more.

Back