• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The force was strong with this one, Oil filter nightmares

Ecomike

NAXJA# 2091
NAXJA Member
Alternate titles:

The force was strong with this one

Why I do my own service now, even oil and filter changes, again.

Nightmare on JeepStreet

How to properly use a 3 foot break bar and 3/4" drive accessories to remove a spin off oil filter.

The Twilight zone, is my favorite choice LOL.

Why using a rapid oil change place like Jiffy lube may not be the smart choice, LOL.

Or "Glad I ate my Wheaties today" LMAO.

Here are some photos of what it took to remove my K&N spin on oil filter this week end, I had to get real creative, thought I would share the ideas I came up with and what worked....and what did not work. Pretty much everything was useless except the 3/4" drive 3 foot long breaker bar and three prong gripper tool that grips harder the more you turn it. The can was getting crushed and I was close to breaking something with all that leverage. It took every ounce of strength I had, and almost 3 minutes to get the damn thing loose finally. I am actually surprised that the tool did not break. I know it was close to its limits as was the filter can metal itself. The K&N filter can is a tough beast.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Where did the pics go?

Should I blame photobucket for this too? But I don't even see the little $400 ransom image.

The photos are there.

Where did the pics go?

Should I blame photobucket for this too? But I don't even see the little $400 ransom image.

Is it just me?

Maybe I accidentally ate my magic decoder ring at breakfast.

:rattle:

Last edited:
Was the filter can as tore up as this one?

Was the filter can as tore up as this one?

This one????

My Camera??? I am on my PC, not my phone, not sure what your saying?

Are you guys in the twilight zone or something?

Are any of these working on your computers? I can see them all in a firefox browser, but the first images I posted, the same way are not displaying in the Opera browser. They should be showing up in the first post, I did the same thing I always do, I put the properly cropped photos in my Naxja folder first, then posted the link using the html image tool like I have done dozens of times here for years with no problem.

picture.php

http://www.naxja.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=557&pictureid=3893

picture.php

The browser tab says "picture.php (1x1):" In the middle of the screen is a teeny-tiny pinhole of white. Zooming in 500% turns it into as teeny-tiny, white square.

Teeny white square on a very big, very black background.

Is it a naxja server issue?

Why does it display properly in firefox on Windows 7 laptop?

I posted a direct link, and I posted the photos two ways on the last 3 posts.

Are they hosted on another site?

Is it a naxja server issue?

Why does it display properly in firefox on Windows 7 laptop in the this thread on my PC?

I posted a direct link, and I posted the photos two ways on the last 3 posts.

The files are sized for loading on Naxja in my stored Naxja member folder, like I have done before.

Is there a format issue using .jpeg instead of .jpg files?

Are they hosted on another site?

No they are hosted right here on Naxja in my member photos file folder.

Have you tried the direct html links in text I posted?

Last edited:
The pictures look fine on my computer screen :dunno:
Well I'm obviously not smarter than the problem. I'm not seeing them. I'm on my phone, I'll have to check with my 'puter.

So what moron put the filter on so tight it was this hard to get off? :D

Local oil change place I have used for years until now.

ra,womens_tshirt,x1000,fafafa:ca443f4786,front-c,190,200,315,294-bg,ffffff.u2.jpg

Back