• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What else do I need for a proper lift?

96cherokeenewb

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I'm kinda new to jeep lifts so I have a few questions.
I want to get an RC 4.5" lift kit. It comes with front coil springs front lower control arms tcase drop kit swaybar links brake line relocating brackets rear aal's rear shakles and 4 shocks. I'm going to upgrade to the nitro 9000 shocks and get the control arm drop kit and a steering stabilizer. I have a stock 96 2dr 4wd xj. So what else do I need to properly lift my jeep? I'm gonna wait on the sye and driveshaft cause I'm not adding tires right away. So what do all of you knowledgeable naxja folks think?

Not adding tires has nothing to do with the SYE, that has to do with the height of the rear. Also, skip the drop brackets and instead get full rear backs, aal's are BAD

You will need an adjustable track bar.

You will need to do the sye and rear drive shaft with that lift.

Good luck fellow two door xj owner

Nick

Last edited:
I thought the drop brackets really help give a better street ride? So go with the rear springs instead of the brackets? As for the driveshaft and sye I wanted to wait and see I'f I had any vibes before spending the money. Keep the input coming I really appreciate it!

I thought the drop brackets really help give a better street ride? So go with the rear springs instead of the brackets? As for the driveshaft and I wanted to wait and see I'f I had any vibes before spending the money. Keep the input coming I really appreciate it!

Drop brackets and rear springs are not related at all. You should get full leaf packs in the rear, or the AAL's you get will sag after a while. CA drop brackets are also great because they bring your control arms back to stock ride angles. The ride is much better with drop brackets. Yes you will need a adjustable track bar, get a quality one like a RE heavy duty or TNT/ Treks.

-Alex

Ok so I will also be getting an adjustable track bar? Is there no other way to get everything centered?

Some cut the stock one and sleeve it . Just buy a good adjustable heavy duty one.

Money well spent.

Nick

I thought the drop brackets really help give a better street ride? So go with the rear springs instead of the brackets? As for the driveshaft and sye I wanted to wait and see I'f I had any vibes before spending the money. Keep the input coming I really appreciate it!

They do and they are better for flex and stuff. But arent related to the rear springs, if you can afford both then do it, i was just refering to a trade off.

Ok so I will also be getting an adjustable track bar? Is there no other way to get everything centered?

No you will need a new track bar.

Many of us will tell you to just do it once and do it right.

I would skip all that and go with a full kit from RE.

Either this: http://rubiconexpress.com/SuspensionSystems/Product.aspx?part=RE6200

or this: http://rubiconexpress.com/SuspensionSystems/Product.aspx?part=RE6130

Couldnt have said it better myself!

Some cut the stock one and sleeve it . Just buy a good adjustable heavy duty one.

Money well spent.

Nick

Agreed, dont cut and sleeve it, waste of time. Also its weaker and will not flex at allllll

Old Man Emus, Bilstein 5100s, or RE Monotubes.

If you go with the RE4.5, your pretty much set. I thikn if you can afford it then def buy it, get drop brackets if you can afford them. As for shocks another great shock is the DT8000 ive heard nothing but good things and they are dirt cheap ($50 each)

Ya deffentally wait on the SYE. I would get some steel shims though just toss under it while the leafs are off the axle.
Get a good trac bar id say go with a RE.
Larger tires and new rims.
Steering upgrades should deffentally be done if your putting on larger tires.

I just did the RE 4'5 kit and I love it I had a :doh:trail master kit:doh: before and all I can say is you get what you pay for oh and one other thing that you can add to the lift is a pitman arm really helps with the bump steer I used one from a Grand Cherokee they are a 1" drop same as the RE Part #RE2500 $ 65. but at a pick and pull its only $10. so save your money and buy the good stuff (Rubicon) :clap:

in defense of an excellent vendor on this board, the Rough Country 4.5" lift is a pretty damn good lift for the money. i added full leaves, stainless lines all around, disconnects and the RE double sear trackbar with HD mount and brace. shocks are next, but it flexes like it's nobody's business on 31's

was it perfect? no, but it was pretty damn close

Thanks forhelping me out everyone! I live north of Chicago and I don't think I can install this on my own. Do you guys know a ball park figure on getting it installed?

Oh and it doesn't say that the track bar that comes with the RE 4.5 lift is adjustable. So is it or do I need to upgrade? Alright well it's looking like I'm gonna get the RE 4.5 superflex, control arm drop brackets, a steering stabilizer, and some shocks that I haven't decided on yet. Gonna wait on the sye and driveshaft. Is there Anything else that's aust have?

Back