• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAC Trail of Tears, Feb 23-25

Put me down as a "Probably". Thanks!

Where are you planning to stay? (I ain't campin in PA in February lol)

Last edited:
The basic cabins at TwinGrove are great for that this time of year, but truth be told bring an extra electric space heater for the cabin if you go that route. The one they provide can barely keep up usually.

I may be down for this but my rig is still way beat up from June. If I make it I doubt I'll hit the real ruff stuff, but I'm interested for sure.
Rich

I'd like to do AOAA since I've done Rausch a ton. Just throwin that out there. I'll go back to Rausch though if that's the consensus.

I have been to the campgrounds, both primitive, only really viable if you have a trailer or an RV of some kind

I usually stay at the Knights Inn motel in Paxnos, its a dive but its close to the park and it has a bar

I have been to the campgrounds, both primitive, only really viable if you have a trailer or an RV of some kind

I usually stay at the Knights Inn motel in Paxnos, its a dive but its close to the park and it has a bar

Is it true that the campgrounds are on-site. Is there direct access to trails?

I wouldn't mind primitive if I could wake up and get right on the trails. Heck, maybe even come back for lunch.

Is there at least a bathhouse with toilets and showers?

I might be interested. Depends on if there's snow. I don't have enough tread to make it work in snow. Unless I borrow James 33s

Alright, a Bob and are a 95% yes. Just need to clear it with the wife. Lol

Is it true that the campgrounds are on-site. Is there direct access to trails?

I wouldn't mind primitive if I could wake up and get right on the trails. Heck, maybe even come back for lunch.

Is there at least a bathhouse with toilets and showers?

as of last summer it wasn't open yet, and had a long way to go you can only make reservations on line,, and payments on line as well. you can look them up there is a ph# and it will tell you to go on line

I've got new leaks on the XJ and don't have the time to mess with it before this trip. I'm unfortunately out until the weather gets better and I've got XJ $ to fix... so much for the upgrades...

I'm probably out. I just got the xj running for the first time since June and my heat stopped working. Also James frame is taking longer than he expected to build so I'll probably be busy helping him.

Back