• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 XJ chassis CT

sardo_67

NAXJA Forum User
might have seen my build thread if not here. http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1094425

started working on this before i had any idea WTF i was doing and now i'd like to change a few things by starting over. $1200

Clayton cross member welded in, OEM link mounts cut off, custom rear bumper, repainted floor with dynamat sound material, shackle relocation brackets, vented hood, doors come off, power interior.

chassis only no suspension or front bumper/winch or light bar.

Last edited:
rear bumper used to be mine

150298_1481538322768_6333526_n.jpg

Yep, I made him a special deal.

Gee thanks, I appreciate the attitude too, definitely reasonable from someone who does nothing but clog the forum up with a schizophrenic mall crawler build that's more about flashing his wallet than anything else. Good luck with the sale!

Hahaha. Ok I'll admit, i jumped the gun on being a dick there, you didn't low ball me or anything like that. It's just that you XJ people tend to piss me off. Trust me, if I had that magical wallet you speak of I'd never try and sell my old parts on the forum. I'd just toss them in the dumpster as I upgrade or make poor choices. I in fact have no monies.

Don't really expect anyone to buy the chassis just kinda throwing it out there. It would be a good start for an actual wheeling rig if a guy has the extra parts laying around. Regret not welding in a Clayton crossmember with 4 link upper brackets so I am thinking about starting over.

Hahaha. Ok I'll admit, i jumped the gun on being a dick there, you didn't low ball me or anything like that. It's just that you XJ people tend to piss me off. Trust me, if I had that magical wallet you speak of I'd never try and sell my old parts on the forum. I'd just toss them in the dumpster as I upgrade or make poor choices. I in fact have no monies.

Don't really expect anyone to buy the chassis just kinda throwing it out there. It would be a good start for an actual wheeling rig if a guy has the extra parts laying around. Regret not welding in a Clayton crossmember with 4 link upper brackets so I am thinking about starting over.
i had no issue welding in a upper mount with my crossmember already welded in

it's not recommended to add the link mounts to an already installed cross member, i asked the guys who build them.

i told my brother NOT to 100% weld the thing in last year, i left him alone with it for 1min to get a tool and he had one side burned alllllll the way in with 2 passes already. so ya, that's not coming out.

Don't blame you......
Like 240k on the clock, 180k ish on the motor I think? I can't remember, Weaver put a motor in it with lower miles around 200k or someone else from the forum did, that bumper and this jeep have been around the naxja forum.
New exhaust header (nov 12) into shortened to the rear axle exhaust with a flow master. CEL of some kind that sometimes goes away but even after sitting for months at a time fires right up. I don't even know how may miles I've put on it since I bought in nov 12, maybe 3k? Only drove it when there was snow.

AW4 trans, I haven't noticed any issues with it, shifted fine, doesn't slip.
231 trans case with a real SYE, don't know the make with the fancy shift linkage kit being installed now.

No e-brake, no radio, nice interior surprisingly, power seats with motor issues, doors come off, YJ steering box or something better than stock I can't remember, like 5 roof rack bars for some reason, hood vents, TJ flares, new brake lines, shackle relocation brackets, dynamat in the floor, clayton rad arm cross member OEM brackets cut off, CB antenna, hot air intake, the bumper uhhhh some other stuff I can't remember.
Clean title as well so no issues with registering it.

Oh also a bunch of stickers on it and a Pedo Bear too.

I'm still in the air on letting it go since then ill have to redo all this again but I'm throwing it out there, decent start for a nice jeep with some TLC, or juat go beat the balls off it in the woods. You'll have to run long arms in the front though

Back