• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mystery Harness with cruise control

hakukamana

NAXJA Forum User
1988 Jeep XJ Wagoneer, I have a harness which is part of the cruise control system, or it was at least part of the harness. I don't know what its for? It had a tag on it P05010002AA. It is attached to the shifter button, when I push on the shift release button I can feel the cable moving inside the sheath. Location is directly under the ECM, along the center console side, along the firewall then up the column. The harness blue/blk tracer connects to the brake pedal switch, white/blk tracer with green connector, connects to the ACC plug on the fuse block, then there is a white connector that plugs into the shift button release cable. It also has a mini 5 pin relay as part of the harness. New to the forum so I don't really know how to post a picture of what I am looking at.

That’s a newer part number if I’m not mistaken. Did it have the shifter lockout recall? Possibly a newer shifter assembly?
Aftermarket Alarm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has something to do with the shift cable and the release button. But it was part of the cruise control harness. There is a connector on the shift cable that goes up the column. It has a relay, a power feed, the cable connector and then it feeds back out of the relay to the brake switch. I have no idea what it does or what its function is????

Most of what you described is a system that forces you to have the shifter in Park or Neutral to start the engine. Newer rigs you need to also have a foot on the brake, triggering the brake switch to start a rig as well.

The cruise system had a secondary brake switch, operated using vacuum and power IIRC, and it powered a yellow Cruise control computer box just under the dash steering column so it might have been part of the harness in the same location under the dash.

Yeah, I was talking with him at another forum and he got the Cruise control working.
That mystery harness had nothing to do with it from what I remember. I believe that harness is used for integrating after market alarms in old XJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back