• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clayton, Ok. May-6,7,8

OT

NAXJA Forum User
We've been planning it over on RockhardXJ, but the more, the merrier....

Who's gonna be there?

I'll be there from Saturday to Monday.

hey hey hey!

looks like:

Okie Terry, LessLimited, Ranger, Ramsey...

to give the server a break...

Matt (OlivedrabCJ7) was talking about coming, his 21's birthday is Monday the 8th...

more details here:
http://www.rockhardxj.com/viewtopic.php?t=99

Ill be there from LATE saturday through the end of Monday...

Last edited:
Did I say Saturday?
I meant that I'll be there Friday evening.
Crawl'n, from RockhardXJ, will be there with his buggy, as well as several others.

Cool!

I was starting to worry that it would just be me, Ramsey, and Opie lastara

:D Glad Cindy is coming, too...

So, I gather that you guys stay at some cheapo motel there? What about the campfire? Where do we set-up the keg of homebrew? I need to know!

And get going on the heep! Cleaned out the garage today in preparation for installing the front 44 party1:

lesslimited said:
Cool!

I was starting to worry that it would just be me, Ramsey, and Opie lastara

:D Glad Cindy is coming, too...

So, I gather that you guys stay at some cheapo motel there? What about the campfire? Where do we set-up the keg of homebrew? I need to know!

And get going on the heep! Cleaned out the garage today in preparation for installing the front 44 party1:

Dad and I will prbably camp out...

got a line on any pallets Okie? :D

Yeah, I can get some pallets.
I'll be pulling out the popup and generator and staying at the trailhead.
As long as there's no burn ban, we can do the campfire thing right there.

well if everyone is gonna be camping i'll do the same. rather sleep in the dirt than those hotels anyways. be there saturday probably late through monday. there gonna be enough we'll need to split into two groups?

Here's the deal, I have a popup with three beds.
Two queen size and a full size.
I get a bed to myself.
Anyone else who wants to can sleep in the others.

I'll take one!

im gonna try to get off work and head up there. if i come ill trailer my heep and sleep in my avalanche. (fold the midgate down and a queen size air mattress in the bed/cab.) looking like saturday and sunday only for me though.

Well, the front 44 is in, partly. Just need to somehow adjust one RE lower arm that seems to be frozen solid, shorten the driveshaft, get the correct banjo bolts for the chevy calipers, and get an air source for the ARB.

Oh, and get the 9" re-geared, and probably perform more butchery on the front fenders to clear the full-width.

Picked up the new van yesterday, so the drive down to Clayton will be sweet, what with the cruise control and other luxuries :D

So is this an actual campground y'all are talking about, or just a parking area at the trailhead?

lesslimited said:
Well, the front 44 is in, partly. Just need to somehow adjust one RE lower arm that seems to be frozen solid, shorten the driveshaft, get the correct banjo bolts for the chevy calipers, and get an air source for the ARB.

Oh, and get the 9" re-geared, and probably perform more butchery on the front fenders to clear the full-width.

Picked up the new van yesterday, so the drive down to Clayton will be sweet, what with the cruise control and other luxuries :D

So is this an actual campground y'all are talking about, or just a parking area at the trailhead?
Yeah, it's just the big lot behind Slim's shop, where everyone parks and camps.
I may look into a spot with hookups behind the motel, but I am going on the cheap, so I'll probably end up camping at Slim's.
I'm gonna try to buy a porta potty, but I usually wait to go big at the restaurant in the mornings and carry lots of TP on the trail.
Otherwise, it's go in the grass.
I'll have my generator there, so power's not a problem, but gas is expensive and it uses about 5 gal every 12 hours.
But the AC works and the TV and DVD player are great amenities.
My popup's not huge, but we can probably fit six or seven big guys in to BS and eat and drink, if there's a burn ban in effect and the campfire's a no-go..

Okay, here' is a map of tiny little Clayton.
I've highlighted the best way to get to the trailhead and where we'll be camping.
Trailer parking and PRIMITIVE camping will be behind Slim's Offroad Shop.
Sorry for the link, but I can't post pictures in this forum.

is.php

Booked our room at the A&A Motel. Last one available for both Friday and Saturday.

And if Cindy doesn't like it, she'll be kicking some Okie butt :D

Okie Terry said:
Okay, here' is a map of tiny little Clayton.
I've highlighted the best way to get to the trailhead and where we'll be camping.
Trailer parking and PRIMITIVE camping will be behind Slim's Offroad Shop.
Sorry for the link, but I can't post pictures in this forum.

http://www.savepic.com/freepicturehosting/is.php?i=469214&img=clayton_map.gif

should I make reservations for camping? call Slim and ask him for permission / thank him?

or just show up in the middle of the night and crash into Okie's trailer?

No, you don't need permission.
Slim is a helluva nice guy.
You'll meet him sometime, i'm sure.
Keep in mind, I've got one guy coming with me and Ramsey will be in the camper Saturday night.
I'll be there Friday night and you're welcome to one of the beds.

Dad and I will be there late saturday...

we leave Omaha at like 3:30pm and its about 500 miles...

Back