• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Daily driver...long or short arm

Nomercy

NAXJA Forum User
ok so im seriously thinking about lifting my cherokee just for the look. i do not want to take it off road at all. it will just be a daily driver and never anything more as long as i own it. now my question is, for those of you with a 5.5" lift kit, is the ride comfortable with the stock length arms or are you wishing you went long arm for more ride comfort. i know they make LCA drop brackets but i dont really want to go that route. the short arms are a little more in my price range but i can always sav up a little longer. if i would decide to go long arm in deffinetly going with Full Traction simply because i had a FT LA kit on my rubicon and loved the way it handled on the road.

let me know what ya think and if ya have any pics of your full traction long arms post em up

ok so im seriously thinking about lifting my cherokee just for the look. i do not want to take it off road at all. it will just be a daily driver and never anything more as long as i own it. now my question is, for those of you with a 5.5" lift kit, is the ride comfortable with the stock length arms or are you wishing you went long arm for more ride comfort. i know they make LCA drop brackets but i dont really want to go that route. the short arms are a little more in my price range but i can always sav up a little longer. if i would decide to go long arm in deffinetly going with Full Traction simply because i had a FT LA kit on my rubicon and loved the way it handled on the road.

let me know what ya think and if ya have any pics of your full traction long arms post em up
go short arm if yore not going offroading, get some tomkin uppers and lower adjustables....

what are your final goals???? hard core off road at high speeds??? long arm!!! good handleing on the street but functional off road and less expensive??? short arm.

you say you will never see off road, then i say gold plated custom long arms with silver in laid drop brackets and titanium shocks and platinum and gold bead locked rims!!!! you will also need custom spidertrax axle housings and true hi9 diffs for the mall speed bumps!!!!

get a clue:dunce:

i know they make LCA drop brackets but i dont really want to go that route.

Why?
If you go with shorts arms, it's the drop brackets that make it ride nicer.

My old RE 5.5 short arm kit rides just as nice as any long arm kit... but I do have drop brakets. When I got this kit 10 years ago, there really were no long arm kits on the market. If I were getting one today, I would by a long arm kit... I like the TNT LA kit a tad better than the kit I have now. But I will not spend the money to upgrade my kit to a longarm. There is no gain for me.

If you are not going to wheel it (that is too bad) than don't waste your money on a LA. But do get Drop Brackets.
That is just my opinion.

what are your final goals???? hard core off road at high speeds??? long arm!!! good handleing on the street but functional off road and less expensive??? short arm.

you say you will never see off road, then i say gold plated custom long arms with silver in laid drop brackets and titanium shocks and platinum and gold bead locked rims!!!! you will also need custom spidertrax axle housings and true hi9 diffs for the mall speed bumps!!!!

get a clue:dunce:

well my goals were out lined in the first post, get a clue...i know the difference between the short arms and long arms, i had a Rubicon that i sold that was long arm'd which i actually put to use... im looking for opinions on ride quality in a cherokee from those who have had the opportunity to experience the difference. im not looking for smart ass comment for little bitches. if i wanted that i would to to pirate. my cherokee is my daily driver and i want it to look nice and ride nice. i dont want to go short arms and then regret the ride quality. I will be purchasing a Wrangler at a later date to beat the crap of off road.

if your gonna be a dick head then stay out of my posts.

Im not much for pavement pounders but i think the ride is much better with long arms, i love mine.

That being said, chill the F^#% out, you dont have to jump down someones ass and get all but hurt over one sarcastic post. If your going to be that offended, then you should stick to Pirate4x4.:thumbup:

OBVIOUSLY long arms are prefered at that height, it will be rough without them or drop brackets (which i understand you dont want to run, probably cause they look hokey, i for one understand, aesthetics are important to some!)

that being said, are you down to spend the $500-$800 for just control arms? if so, yeah, go with them.
im sure a tnt ylink upgrade would hold onto value quiet well, i NEVER see long arms available for sale used, people want them!
i wouldnt go past 4.5 with short arms.
(drop brackets were rules out in post 1)

Im not much for pavement pounders but i think the ride is much better with long arms, i love mine.

That being said, chill the F^#% out, you dont have to jump down someones ass and get all but hurt over one sarcastic post. If your going to be that offended, then you should stick to Pirate4x4.:thumbup:

jeepers are very closed minded, imagine if you get told the same thing everytime you ask a question (similar to asking 2wd specific mod tech question, try that without flame!) rednecks i tell ya!
lets all relax bra!
flagga2.gif

jeepers are very closed minded, imagine if you get told the same thing everytime you ask a question (similar to asking 2wd specific mod tech question, try that without flame!) rednecks i tell ya!

Totally understand, but thats to be expected when asking for others oppinions.

yeah, you cant win on the internet. say you want long arms, and people recommend db's, say you dont want db's and people wonder why. say you dont want db's cause of aesthetics, people call you a mall crawler....
long arms look awesome, if nothing else.

well my goals were out lined in the first post, get a clue...i got one, you want to buy it???

if your gonna be a dick head then stay out of my posts.
i don't want to!!!

if you don't want drop brackets and you don't want long arms then go with bent adjustable lowers and straight uppers. is that better???? now quit your cryen!!!!!!!!!!!

:kissyou:

no its not better cause no matter how much you bend an arm the laws of physics only recognize the mounting points...

get a clue!

so if you dont like any of my fuggen answers quit asken these stupid questions!!!! clue gotten and returned!!

if your not gonna wheel it....by and lift a hummer h2 and leave the real 4x4 to people that want to use it for what it was intended

Back