• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rebuilding my rolled '88 cherokee -- what years can I use a a donor?

jmg222

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
After some deep soul-searching, I've decided to try and rebuild and cage my '88 cherokee, which I recently rolled (there's a thread on here some where).

I need a donor vehicle -- I'll need a roof, at least two doors, front quarters, front clip, and hood. What years can I scavange from? I was working under the asumption for some reason that I couldn't get anything newer than a '95, but the '96's look pretty much the same, both interior and exterior ... and for whatever reason, there are a TON off really nice (body-wise) '96's around me for a steal.

And please, do me a favor, I've weighed al the pros and cons of chopping, buggyin'ing, and rebuilding. Given what I have, I feel comfortable with the route I'm going.

Technically it's the 97-up that changed, but some of the late 96's?

all really great news.. I'll miss the chrome edging, but there's just so many '96's for some reason...

dont forget to save the ps pump bracket assembly, it is far superior to the older style

Thanks, but I have a Chevy motor is mine,no need for a PS Bracket.

Back