• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stuck on this problem - extended sway bar links not lining up

AC nine

NAXJA Forum User
Been stuck on this problem for quite a while now...fishing for some ideas.

Just installed the RE 3.5 lift with extended sway bar links and my sway bar links are not lining up vertically.
As in the drivers side is almost an inch higher than the passenger side.
Passenger sway bar link bolts on to the axle but then the drivers side link is short and does not reach the axle.

I installed the adjustable track bar and rotated the coils until they hit the stop.

I'm lost...

Do I need adjustable sway bar end links?
I've heard of jacking up one side of the axle to force it to reach, but wouldn't that put a preload on the sway bar once I lower it and drive?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jack up the axle until it fits, and bolt it all together. The very minor amount of preload on the sway bar will make no difference on road or off-road.

Jack up the axle until it fits, and bolt it all together. The very minor amount of preload on the sway bar will make no difference on road or off-road.

That!

Also, if the XJ is not sitting on level ground, eg. one wheel is higher or lower that the others will exasperate the problem.

Back