• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High Beam Offroad Preditor headlights, reviews?

They will sure look good at the shopping mall car show.

Wondering what's wrong with a quality set of H-4 halogen lamps ?

They will sure look good at the shopping mall car show.

Wondering what's wrong with a quality set of H-4 halogen lamps ?

Agreed, but, I want the low amp draw of LED's.

Even with a high output alternator, with the headlights on, defrost on, stereo on, the alternator has trouble keeping up. Even with upgraded harness.

I also saw these recently and was interested in other feedback.

Trying to get high output lighting without breaking the bank seems to be a bit difficult.

I installed these Tuesday night, it was dark out so I took it out for a drive on some country roads close-ish to my house. These headlights are AWESOME. I bought them on a recommendation of a smart fellow Jeeper as they would have better output and a better cutoff than the Truck Lites. I don't know how good the Truck Lites are, but these are amazing head lights.

My daily driver is a 2016 Silverado that has nice projector head lights and these High Beam Offroad head lights are just as good.

See my thread for some pics:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1133695

I'd need an adapter for these, right? Or I guess I could snake a couple H4 connectors and wire them in as this would prevent me from having to upgrade the entire harness now.

I installed these Tuesday night, it was dark out so I took it out for a drive on some country roads close-ish to my house. These headlights are AWESOME. I bought them on a recommendation of a smart fellow Jeeper as they would have better output and a better cutoff than the Truck Lites. I don't know how good the Truck Lites are, but these are amazing head lights.

My daily driver is a 2016 Silverado that has nice projector head lights and these High Beam Offroad head lights are just as good.

See my thread for some pics:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1133695

Are the Predators "Plug and Play" or will I need adapters. My wife is making me order them, my headlights suck on my 94

The webpage says plug n play H-4 type.

Agreed, but, I want the low amp draw of LED's.

Even with a high output alternator, with the headlights on, defrost on, stereo on, the alternator has trouble keeping up. Even with upgraded harness.

I cannot disagree that properly designed and built LED lamp modules are superior to anything else available at this time, but I cannot justify paying the prices. I would think that the prices will fall in the future, and I might consider swapping out my H-4 upgrade if the price is right. I would look at having a local auto electric shop rebuild that alternator for more output, and go with an H-4 conversion and LED auxiliary lights.

I would also worry about some punk deciding that my $235 lights would look better on his Jeep.

Are the Predators "Plug and Play" or will I need adapters. My wife is making me order them, my headlights suck on my 94

I'd need an adapter for these, right? Or I guess I could snake a couple H4 connectors and wire them in as this would prevent me from having to upgrade the entire harness now.

No adapter needed. Plug and go.

I also just noticed that HID projectors had a sale on their kit ($100 off). These were what I had my eye on for a while. Decisions decisions.

https://www.hidprojectors.com/colle...les/products/5x7-bi-xenon-d1s-headlights-sale

I had HIDS on my Commander and hated them, damn expensive to replace too.

I ordered the High Beam Offroad Predators

As soon as I get them installed I will write a review and maybe even a comparison video.

I drive deer invested roads, almost completly in the dark this time of the year. I go in at 4:30am and get off work at 5pm. The old sealed beams were fine until my eyes got old. Need more light!

I will enjoy having a less taxed electrical system as well.

I got these in the mail today. I couldn't wait to install them.

I can only compare these to the HIDS that I had on my XK and they are BETTER! The low beam cut-off is a definite line like the HIDS were on the XK. But where the High Beam Offroad lights out shine the HIDS is the whiteness of the light.

I drove 100 miles tonight on back roads, highway and interstate. I can't compare the LED's to the "two candles" that I had in front of me since 1994, the difference is too extreme!

High beams are not needed! The low beams take care of lighting the night. With that said, the high beams are like having two KC's blasting the way with a good flood of light up close.

Next review will be how they do in the rain and snow.

Sorry no comparison video yet, working on it!

I put mine in today too, haven't drive it anywhere though in the dark

20161210_143248_zpseyroed7g.jpg

I got these in the mail today. I couldn't wait to install them.

I can only compare these to the HIDS that I had on my XK and they are BETTER! The low beam cut-off is a definite line like the HIDS were on the XK. But where the High Beam Offroad lights out shine the HIDS is the whiteness of the light.

I drove 100 miles tonight on back roads, highway and interstate. I can't compare the LED's to the "two candles" that I had in front of me since 1994, the difference is too extreme!

High beams are not needed! The low beams take care of lighting the night. With that said, the high beams are like having two KC's blasting the way with a good flood of light up close.

Next review will be how they do in the rain and snow.

Sorry no comparison video yet, working on it!

Are the low beams too bright for on road use?

Are the low beams too bright for on road use?

Even though the OP says they are DOT compliant, I won't believe it unless there is a stamp on them somewhere. Their website claims DOT on a bunch of other lights, but not these, so I don't think they are. Not calling the OP a liar, just maybe misinformed.

So to answer your question, yes, I suspect they are way too bright for on road use for everyone except the owner of the light.

Back