• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radiators

BrokedadsXJ

NAXJA Forum User
My I believe stock radiator started leaking so I bought a new on. A "champion" 2 core radiator. It doesn't fit my 99 XJ. It seems to be too tall is there a trick to getting it to fit or am I returning it and buying something else? Any help/ideas are greatly appreciated!:banghead:

Put the new and old radiators side by side and compare them, use a tape measure as well.

I bought a Champion "American Eagle" bigger 1" 2-core rad and it started leaking at multiple welds w/in a year. I had to pay $60 or so to ship the old one back to Cali from MD. The free replacement failed the same way in less time. To this day, it's the most expensive loss I've taken on an aftermarket part. I had to grind the top support in order for me to twist the cap on(toss the junk one that comes with it). Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya.., my champion started leaking after two years, even with the new rubber cushions for the base to ride on. Looking from the front bumper position, the leak was in the upper left corner. Moved aside some cooling fins, and stuffed some kind of aluminum epoxy into that spot. Fixed a year ago. There must be a better radiator somewhere. My area NAPA only had the plastic replacement, so I went with the champion. I don't think they should deserve to get a capital 'C'. Nor china.

Back