• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm not dead yet

egon

Dunlop Slayer
NAXJA Member
Made it to the Jalopnik Car Show.

See, the XJ is still kickin'

paibxti3haxqbrhyl6d1.jpg

https://jalopnik.com/here-is-your-gigantic-jalopnik-hurricane-relief-car-sho-1820770477

--Matt

About darn time you got back on the radar. :)

Good to see you're still knocking about. Sometimes I wonder if you took that 3-hour tour out of Hawaii....

In your honor, I set the engine back in place in my 98 yesterday (yes, the green one still exists, though in a slightly different form!)...Kudos, my man, Kudos to you.
Rich
Friend of Matt #3.

Hi All,

Rich, Rob, Paul, Andy, Stefan, Billy, Jordan... Great to hear from you guys. I've been neglecting the XJ for a little too long. She gets started up regularly, but a few leaks have cropped up over the years. Plan is to get a few critical items addressed in order to do a ride or 2 come spring time.

As I'm sure most have guessed, I've been busy racing those silly sailboat things and that has taken lots of my time. Last spring I bought a new (to me) boat. A custom, one off, race boat. Not sure what I was thinking, but it's kind of a bad ass boat. I'm still building lots of stuff, now they have to work on the water instead of on the rocks. As a result, I'm thinking of what I can build for the XJ out of aluminum, S-glass, and carbon.

Here's a sample of what I've been up too. Ignore the music, the crew member that did the video didn't consult with me first. We were a tad sloppy, but won the race.

I hope to get things in order to actually be able to hit the trails come early spring. How to see everyone again soon.

--Matt

That's pretty damned awesome as far as I'm concerned, congrats Matt! Tacking back and forth across each other like that is hairy as hell! You crazy blow boaters! Good to see you having fun doing what you love, even better to hear you may be making some appearances in the dirt this year! You have been missed.
Rich

That looks fun as hell. How have u been

That looks fun as hell. How have u been

Hey Keith, I'm well. I hope you and Jen are well.

Yeah, racing is all kinds of fun. Fun when you win, fun when you go fast, and really fun when you break something that no one makes.

--Matt

I still have your spare white wagon wheel at my house!

NICE!

Although, exactly how rusty and nasty is it from all these years of you pissing on it?

It may need to be smelted down and made into a new wheel first.

--Matt

It's held up surprisingly well. Now my 8 year old son uses it as well.

Glad to hear it is... being... used.

Sadly, I have done nothing to defile or desecrate your spare tire and rim.

Maybe come spring I will plant some petunias in it.

--Matt

Back