• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vibration during cooling cycle????

Justpunchit

NAXJA Member #1291
Alright the wife's XJ (99 4.0 AW4) has to what I think a rather odd problem, when it gets passed the 210º mark probably around 220º there's a horrible vibration that starts, doesn't matter if your in motion or at a stop, or in neutral or in drive it always does it at that temp until it goes back a little below the 210º. So I'd assume that it's something with going on when the jeep is cooling down. I search around NAXJA but nothing I found really was this problem. So here I write. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks guys.

run it up to temp again and while it's doing it, check the electric cooling fan for vibrations and inspect the fan clutch for any loseness. Either of them can cause temp sensitive vibrations.

An even quicker way to check the aux fan would be to turn on the AC or Defrost and wait for the fan to cycle.
That would show you real quick which area is causing the problem.

Back