• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Two years in the making...........

I need additional clearance for the CAI to keep it under the hood, dropping the engine was not enough. Body work is not easy and I'm not very good at it, but this will get by.

Last edited:

Absolute perfection.
Super smooth and lowered about 7/8".

I've been meaning to fab something similar to this using the large (forward) leaf spring bushings, but they require a slightly fatter bolt.

Do the Camry motor mounts have the same size bolt hole as stock xj mounts? Are they stronger than stock XJ mounts?

I've been meaning to fab something similar to this using the large (forward) leaf spring bushings, but they require a slightly fatter bolt.

Do the Camry motor mounts have the same size bolt hole as stock xj mounts? Are they stronger than stock XJ mounts?

Yes, 12mm.

The NAPA part number is right there on the mount, but they have an entire book of mounts to choose from.

Body work is not easy and I'm not very good at it, but this will get by.

iWOiROv.jpg

I think you did alright. ;)

Kinda off topic, but who made the front bumper on your rig ?

Warrior Products.

They make a few different versions........this truck will never see a winch.

========

I just installed the Synergy steering links, now I'm saving for Wilwood brakes. After those are installed and the front end aligned...........it will be completely stripped for body work, new doors installed. I just got some more paint for the door jambs, slow going when I only have a little time here and there.

The Future of this truck-

I plan on having it ready for paint by early winter, once returned, new windshield, reassembled, I will begin on the interior. All plastics painted, seats reupholstered, new carpet, amp and speakers installed....etc...

Once interior is finished, I will begin building a SBC to replace the 2.5. I'd like to be in the 5-600hp range. 700r4 trans if I cannot find a suitable standard trans, hate to lose my clutch but as it is.........cost.

No, no LS swaps, no junk yard parts, no BS.

I plan on having it ready for paint by early winter, once returned, new windshield, reassembled, I will begin on the interior. All plastics painted, seats reupholstered, new carpet, amp and speakers installed....etc...

Once interior is finished, I will begin building a SBC to replace the 2.5. I'd like to be in the 5-600hp range. 700r4 trans if I cannot find a suitable standard trans, hate to lose my clutch but as it is.........cost.

Definitely following this build, you just basically mentioned what I want to do to my 90.

You're a glutton for punishment, huh.
I wasted time and money building a SBC once.... then i got smart and went LS.

You're a glutton for punishment, huh.
I wasted time and money building a SBC once.... then i got smart and went LS.

Lighter, better efi, easier and cheaper to make more power, and way more efficient.

I applaud the going old school mentality but the LS is just an all around better package

Lighter, better efi, easier and cheaper to make more power, and way more efficient.

I applaud the going old school mentality but the LS is just an all around better package

yea my car is a 67 so i built a sbc just for the nostalgic factor, but after the t56 and explorer 8.8 swap, i decided having a better driving car was more important than what some old fart thinks.

btw.... beautiful jeep, i'd almost hate to get it dirty. great attention to detail.

Back