NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Sierra Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Sierra Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Old January 24th, 2009, 09:51
I have not Confirmed, or I used a BAD email Addy

Beware of 4WP

Warning 4WP in Oakland adds charges to purchases that are not itemized on receipt.
Old January 24th, 2009, 09:55
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Beware of 4WP

Yeah, they seem to be pretty bad.

What did you have done?
Old January 24th, 2009, 12:41
I have not Confirmed, or I used a BAD email Addy

They have added undisclosed shipping surcharges.

They charged me $19 for wheel weights when mounting and balancing was free.

More. I can no longer shop there.
Old January 24th, 2009, 13:49
NAXJA Forum User

I've had the exact same thing happen with nation-wide stores. I'm surprised they did not charge you for air.
Old January 24th, 2009, 14:13
NAXJA Forum User

They sent me a $15 off purchase at christmas time. I went on-line and priced a Hi-lift jack, and then went to the store to buy. They told me it would be an additional $20 more than the website. I explained that the on-line 4wp site stated that the prices would be matched at the store. The gentlemen said I could use the $15 coupon or get the internet pricing. I told him I had one more choice and walked out.

So much for the holiday spirit.
Old January 24th, 2009, 19:57
NAXJA Forum User

Sent me my new cross shaft for the lockrite I bought about a month after I recieved the lockright itself.
Old January 26th, 2009, 11:09
NAXJA Forum User

Ya I ve been waiting on a set of rims for almost a month now!
Old January 26th, 2009, 13:18
NAXJA Forum User

Once they tryed to charge me $10 for shop towels . . .
Old January 26th, 2009, 19:44
NAXJA Forum User

they told me i couldnt replace the bushing on my RE track bar, and was going to have to buy a whole new one from them....ordered a bushing from RE and did it in 10 min.

Last edited by Xjmoneypit; January 26th, 2009 at 20:19.
Old January 26th, 2009, 20:20
NAXJA Forum User

You'd think someone representing 'em would read this and say/do something about it. That's a lot of negative feedback at a time when a niche market company can't afford it.
Old January 26th, 2009, 20:22
The 97 Club

Maybe they don't care...
Old January 27th, 2009, 05:31
NAXJA Forum User

Hmmmm, I am a commercial account there and I have never been porked over, then again, I deal with all the guys personally. Never had any issues here in Fresno.
Old January 27th, 2009, 11:06
NAXJA Forum User

I don't think they are that bad, but you have to remember they will do anything to make more money. If you are smart you will work them, they have price matching, pays to have a cell phone and call the main number and not take the price of the guy at the counter. Some items they must warrenty, you can take in some parts, even if you did not buy at 4WP, and they will give you a free replacement.

But you should always be in fear of them working you over.
Old January 28th, 2009, 04:40
NAXJA Forum User

Ordered a Hanson front bumper through 4WD.com and to save on shipping I could pick it up at one of their 60 nation wide stores which is 4WParts of coarse. I picked Oakland being it's the closest. The manager called me 2 days later saying the manufacturer had it in stock and that it should be at the store in 3 days. He'd call me when it arrived. 6 days went by and no call so I stopped by store since I was in the east bay...it was there! I was already to do battle over any additional charges...there were none! Got the bumper and off I went.

Very surprising after the ordeal I went through last August trying to get a TeraFlex rear bumper for my JK Rubicon. I never did after 2 1/2 months...multiple phone calls...rude sales people on the phone. I realize now that TeraFlex was having problems getting stuff out at the time, but don't tell me that it's in their...4WP warehouse and will be at the store in 2 days. I went to the TransAmerica warehouse in Union City and they said it was at the store! They wanted to charge me a restocking fee for a bumper that wasn't even there or even shipped!

Problem is they're BIG and control too many other 4WD parts places from behind the scenes through ownership or wholesale supplier. Even when you don't want to deal with them, you probably are!
Old January 28th, 2009, 05:00
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcxjbrisca View Post
Ordered a Hanson front bumper through 4WD.com and to save on shipping I could pick it up at one of their 60 nation wide stores which is 4WParts of coarse. I picked Oakland being it's the closest. The manager called me 2 days later saying the manufacturer had it in stock and that it should be at the store in 3 days. He'd call me when it arrived. 6 days went by and no call so I stopped by store since I was in the east bay...it was there! I was already to do battle over any additional charges...there were none! Got the bumper and off I went.

Very surprising after the ordeal I went through last August trying to get a TeraFlex rear bumper for my JK Rubicon. I never did after 2 1/2 months...multiple phone calls...rude sales people on the phone. I realize now that TeraFlex was having problems getting stuff out at the time, but don't tell me that it's in their...4WP warehouse and will be at the store in 2 days. I went to the TransAmerica warehouse in Union City and they said it was at the store! They wanted to charge me a restocking fee for a bumper that wasn't even there or even shipped!

Problem is they're BIG and control too many other 4WD parts places from behind the scenes through ownership or wholesale supplier. Even when you don't want to deal with them, you probably are!
I work with the engineer that designed the Hanson Bumpers here in Fresno. They make and ship all their stuff from here, but times have been slow on them.