• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Window Washer Does Not Spray

Mighty.Mighty_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
99 XJ - When I hit the washer switch, it sort of squirts out some water, but it doesn't spray onto the windshield. The wipers work fine. Should I be looking at the washer pump or the little holes on the hood? Thinking of tackling this tomorrow if the temps are ok and am hoping that it'll be a straightforward fix. Thanks for any guidance.

Check the pumps and their wire connections, it is likely the pumps are rusted or failed and need replacement.

X2 on nozzle clogging.

Can you hear the washer motor come on? If it sound strong like normal but no washer fluid sprays, there is probably a blockage in a line or it’s broken someplace, or the nozzle is clogged. Very off chance some sort of slime formed and is blocking the pick up screen in the reservoir.

For clogged nozzles I’ve either replaced them if cleaning failed with new or junk yard. Well junk yard source for the jeeps, new for the Honda and Toyota cause the plastic is more brittle after years in the southern sun.

Weird fact that’ll probably help nobody is the 84-86 XJ have a different set up of only one nozzle and later XJ have two. Since there aren’t many 84-86 XJ in junk yards I grabbed a nozzle from a mustang with similar set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back