• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ 2001 Limited RKE reciever?

Ralh77,

Thank you so much for the reply. Not sure what you are telling. The only thing I could see on the console back is the grey cable and that is as far as I could see the cable for controlling the switches for the trip computer.

I did a lot of research but no pictures of the RKE receiver for a XJ 2001 Limited. If you could find one, or if you know someone who knows where the RKE is located let me know. Really would like to find the RKE.

regards
rob

When you say RKE Receiver I think the thing for the keyless remote. Look at post #3 here.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=83530

This is what I am talking about. See the green circuit board with all the wires going into it. Those wires are plugging into the rectangle connector that I told you about at the Ebay posting. Something tells me we might be talking about 2 different things.

Ralph77

Yes, RKE receiver we are talking about. As far as I can see on the green PCB board with the wire going into, those are as far as I know only for the compass and trip computer not for the RKE. The cables going to it are not the colors for the door locking and horn.
I like to replace the RKE with a OEM one. My console looks exacly like the one you mentioned on ebay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/97-01-Jeep...232671329560?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10) .

regards
rob

The green circuit board in post #3 at the link for this forum is what operates the locks when you push the button on the key fob. In the overhead console shot on ebay that is what is part of the rectangle connector I told you about. You just can't see the rest of it cause it is buried under the plastic of the overhead console. To see it and get at it you would need to remove all the torx screws and take the console apart. Separates into 4 pieces. Look here:

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f59/what-did-you-do-your-cherokee-today-145940/index5652/#post3402364

At post #84777. That is mine that I took apart to reupholster it. I put an overhead in my '00 that did not come with one.

Ralphs77,

Thanks for the information. On my overhead console the green board, that lays in the middle of the left opened console at the link you mentioned, is not there!!. The black rectangle box is empty. Maybe I have a not a standard XJ 2001 limited. My XJ came what looks like a not standard FOB too.

regards
rob

Ralph77,

Thank you for the reply. My FOB does not look like your. It is an OEM version I think. I have to find out what the before owner did with the RKE.

I live in Nara Japan. For my XJ 2001 and the weather last weeks look at
S4250003.JPG

regards
rob

The remote keyless entry module is about 2 inches by 4 inches and is located in the center of the console >>

standard.jpg

large.jpg

Last edited:
Tim and Ralph77

Thanks for the information. However my XJ 2001 does not have anything in the area you mentioned. I called the dealer yesterday and they mentioned that the XJ in Japan were all modified. So not standard. I will try to find the custom RKE and post the results later.

regards
rob

Tim and Ralph77

Thanks for the information. However my XJ 2001 does not have anything in the area you mentioned. I called the dealer yesterday and they mentioned that the XJ in Japan were all modified. So not standard. I will try to find the custom RKE and post the results later.

regards
rob

We seemed to have problem with you not finding it. Why it finally dawned on me to ask where you are. Good luck.

.... my XJ 2001 does not have anything in the area you mentioned. I called the dealer yesterday and they mentioned that the XJ in Japan were all modified.

As suggested it is very likely that you could find a keyless module with programmed remotes that should plug and play, or it is probably cheaper and easier to install an aftermarket remote keyless system.

All,

Thanks for the reponses. Got it. The RHD overhead console does not have a RKE as mentioned in the repair manual. All XJ 2001 in Japan as modified by the dealer with a Samisen DJ-M630. It is located under the kick board under the drivers steering wheel. I replaced it with an OEM ($15) with two remotes. Works great again now.

regards
rob

Back