• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

UNUSUAL COIL SPRING ISSUE. HELP.

Well i measured my caster. same on both sides. so thankfully no spun tube. checked and measured countless things. No bent drop brackets or arms or anything. At a loss now. Ended up hitting the top of the coil with a bfh when it was half drooped with tire off, and when i put it all back together it doesnt touch the coil anymore. Still looks slightly off and coil has a bend to it. But at this point theres not a single thing i didnt check try or do.

You need bumpstops !!!

it is very common to have bowed/offset coils that do not align the same way at 5" of lift and above.

the coil buckets are not symmetrical at the axle. the passenger side is flipped 180*

also. control arm length does not matter. ignore the measurements. the likelihood of the CA mounts being exactly the same on both sides of the rig is very low.

ensure the axle is square to the frame. easiest way is to take it to an alignment shop that has a laser alignment machine. slightly more complicated is to use a plumb bob hanging off the unibody and. but you'll need to find 2 places that are the same on both sides of the frame, which can be challenging on a cherokee.

I would bet that your axle isn't quite square, and since you've rotated the pinion up the additional offset of the coil buckets is causing your issue.

adjust the lowers to set the axle square. if they are not exactly the same measurement it is not important.
then set the pinion angle with ONE uca. once thats done, adjust the other upper so the bolt can slide in easily. once again, length of the arm doesn't matter. not binding the bushings is key here.

a bent bumpstop tower is also a strong possibility.

I would also replace your upper coil isolators. those wear out and cause the coils to sit uneven.

Just a thought:
Some shops have like a 90 warranty on alignments, mine does. See if you can take your rig in, have them do what they can and find out what may be going on. Address the problem and then go back and have it dialed in.

the coil buckets are not symmetrical at the axle. the passenger side is flipped 180*
Wait, wat?
F12407536.jpg

From first video it looks like your upper coil seat driver side is not flat it looks bent backwards this can now a coil . A mild bow in a coil is not going hurt anything , but if they seat funny they will bow .

Bump.. time for 488s , ive learned so much since i started this thread, but want to make sure my d30 isnt messed up before i blow money on gears, shafts, possibly a locker, and an over the axle track bar.

Back