• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

will a 31" spare tire fit in the stock location?

Yes, they fit fine, you need to un-do the latch on the drivers side of the back rest of the rear seat though. The tire will press against it pretty good, but not enough to make it look funny. Just do that and your fine.

YES
713831_78_full.jpg

You just need to extend the threaded rod. I just used a S-hook from an old rubber bungie.

Jason

I have a 31" spare in the factory location in my 98 4door without unlatching the seat. I had to put the tire flat on the floor and just inside the wheelwell hump. I then used the stock threaded hook thingy thats in the wall, and used a coupler and like threaded rod to extended it out to where the tire is now. Then reused the gray centering thingy to pull it back in tight at a slight angle. Ill try for a pic right after work if I can

Ryan

98XJSport said:
I have a 31" spare in the factory location in my 98 4door without unlatching the seat. I had to put the tire flat on the floor and just inside the wheelwell hump. I then used the stock threaded hook thingy thats in the wall, and used a coupler and like threaded rod to extended it out to where the tire is now. Then reused the gray centering thingy to pull it back in tight at a slight angle. Ill try for a pic right after work if I can

Ryan

In my expirence you need to leave it unlached. I never extended any bolts of whatever, just shoved it in and un-latched the one side of the seat.

Back