• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Header replacement

COXJ

NAXJA Member #989
Well im planning on going ahead and replacing the exaust system from the headers back and thought wail im dooin it how hard would it be to throw a set of headers on? any one have a write up? i was looking at it and do you have to remove intake manifold to do this? thaks and for those of you who have done it was it worth it?

I've gone through a couple of different headers and have finially found a set worth the cash. I installed the new Banks Torque Tube headers last spring and absolutely love them. I think they have better sound and better performance over all the others I've run.

Installation isn't too bad...you do have to remove the intake manifold...I did mine with the aid of a haynes manual the first time....didn't have all the information you'll need but between it and the instructions that the header manufacturer provides it's not too difficult

I'm sure there are write ups on here...have you tried searcing for them? Or you can look at the one I wrote up http://www.4wd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1840&highlight=banks

I paid somewhere in the neighborhood of 380-400 for mine, but this was just after its release so prices have deffinitely come down since.

Matt

COXJ said:
Well im planning on going ahead and replacing the exaust system from the headers back and thought wail im dooin it how hard would it be to throw a set of headers on? any one have a write up? i was looking at it and do you have to remove intake manifold to do this? thaks and for those of you who have done it was it worth it?

Just installed the Banks header on my '99 Friday night. No write up but not that difficult. Yes the intake does have to be removed as well as the P/S pump moved aside. Took me about 5-6 hours using a lamp for lighting in the dark and solo style, a buddy would help. I think it was definatley worth it by my *ss dyno.

Back