• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1997 ZJ FS or FT

tharlanjr

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, I am selling my ZJ.

Its not pretty but it works, lol

It is a 1997, 5.2v-8, 4wd (249), 4.10's and a rear aussie locker. The front has a diff guard.

33'' BFG At's, two of them have cuts from rubbing the body, but its has no affect on the tires. Its a set of 5, the spare has never been used and the 4 others still have at least 80% tread.

3.5" RE lft with 1" coil spacers

RE Extreme Duty front Trackbar and bracket.

Bilstein 5100 front stocks.

Currie steering

6-100watt offroad lights from Harbor Freight. I have had them on for over 3 years and they have NEVER failed on me. They work great.

Radiator is only about a year and a half old and so is the water pump.
Both have lifetime warranties from kragen.

BRAND new Fuel injectors (I thought they went bad, but it ended up being the computer.)
Which was also replaced

NewYearsDesertTrip040.jpg

NewYearsDesertTrip048.jpg

The bad

Its a SA lift
The steering rubs the swaybar links at turn
249 is starting to go, but I will include a 242 if you want
I used to DD just as it is, but I havent been driving it much lately
So I think its just from sitting, but some times when I get in and start driving it won't go into D right away and will just rev a little then go into gear. It drives fine though.
Oh, and there is a hole in the roof about the size of a half dollar from where a CB antenna was mounted till a friend of mine threw a boulder of snow on my roof and broke my antenna.

The reason that I am selling it is because I do a lot of street driving and I want to get a mildly built XJ.

I am very open to trades

I would like an XJ with a lift and preferably drop brackets and decent tires.

I am asking 4500 obo...

Its a good jeep! i almost traded it for my 84 cj-7, which i just sold for $6,000. the jeep is worth all of what he's asking for it. good luck on your sale tom.

no worries. im into xj stuff now, but still miss the cj. good luck. nice price, give it time you should have no probs selling at that. its worth it, i drove it, i know

Either 126 or 136 I can't remember off the top of my head.

I just moved to an apartment and its staying over at my parents house.

I am 80% sure its around 126K

I am heading over to my parents house so I can get the exact # today.

Doesnt it suck having to keep your jeep at someone else house? I have to store my jeep at my dads... 50 miles away.

Sorry for the Hi-Jack.

Yea it does, but luckily my parents only live about 6 miles away from me.

The mileage is exactly 126972...

Oh and It has an Alpine stereo with Ipod connection in the glove box, and all Alpine type-s speakers. I can also include my Sirius Satallite radio kit with it. Its not activated, but its complete and works.

And I also have both D44a axle shaft spares and I believe its the passenger side D30 spare shaft

Last edited:
I'd be interested if you are.

I am wanting to get an XJ, so that would simplify my goal, lol

If you are up for a trade, I would be more than happy to meet up sometime.

I will be down at fiesta island tommorrow, but I have work at 130.

I am leaving for work right now, so just let me know.

I'll be at Fiesta Island tomorrow too since I live like 2 minutes from the place. If you want we could obviously meet up and see how everything goes. Just let me know what time you'll be there, I don't plan on being there all day really.

Back