• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

qaud cab MJ?

Swamprat

NAXJA Forum User
i was thinking, i want an MJ but i love having an xj. so seeing as this is advanced fab, and the search button isnt being my friend. has anyone taken the back of and xj and fused it to an MJ? i think it would be cool. nad i would buy one.

Here's my thread:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=977400&highlight=gen+project

And there's the post in that thread with some awesome photoshopping done:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=244164189&postcount=10

:thumbup:

BlueGerbil1.jpg

well see im not talking about putting an MJ bed on an XJ. but actually taking the back of an XJ well more like the midsection and welding behind cab. and shortedning the bed. so it would be like a quadcab short bed MJ.

Thats exactly what he posted. Thats essentially a MJ with a XJ mid section in it. Thats why there is the cab section behind the door. To make it a true MJ still. This is the shortest version I did. Any shorter and why even have a bed. Even then it's completely unpractical, the break over angle is ridiculous. There would be no reason for it to ever leave the pavement.

BlueGerbil2.jpg

I think I've fallen in love, if someone made a crew cab MJ, that would be amazing. I would DD the crap out of it, but I think I'd have a hard time actually wheeling it.

~Scott

You could do it this way. However I think it's a sad abortion of a chop and a waste of fab work; but to each their own.

4726_1.jpg

i have pics of this one saved on my home pc, far away it looks good, but it wouldn't have been that much harder to take the back door all the way down. Maybe even use pieces of a front door.

Lets see pics of that red truck from far away.

~Scott

i would drive the wheels off that MJ. hell gear it right and it might be a bad ass tow rig

Search isn't being your friend because you didn't spell quad right. :D

I have been wanting to do this too, with a 4bt. But to be honest that is ages down the road when I have shop space of my own.

Lets see pics of that red truck from far away.

~Scott

I had more somewhere from when it was on ebay, but i think i lost those when my pc crashed. I did find this in my photobucket though.
6752.jpg

Back