• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Fill cap

TRCM

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone got any suggestions for a new oil filler cap ?

Hopefully a 1 piece version that does not ratchet ?

Mine is a bear to remove if the engine is at all warm, and I am afraid it won't be long before it breaks.

Both of my jeeps had this problem I just pryed the top off of them and just use the threaded part of the cap some say you can j b weld the top to the bottom
but idk for sure.

Both of my jeeps had this problem I just pryed the top off of them and just use the threaded part of the cap some say you can j b weld the top to the bottom
but idk for sure.

This works ^.

Stant 10111 oil fill cap worked on mine, no ratchet.

Yep
Only $7.37 shipped off of eBay

I replaced my broken one with the Stant. It works but I don't like it. Being older my hands don't work as well as they used to. With the shallowness of it makes grabbing it to turn tough for me. Also I make sure I never put it on too tight. Had to use pliers to grab it and take it off first time I made that mistake. I would prefer the factory one.

the top broke of off mine...solution was to just drill 3 holes on the edge (in the indent areas) and put screws into it. Works perfectly fine now.

Back