• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adam's 98 5-speed Build

5-Speed XJ

NAXJA Forum User
so this is what i started with

000_0042.jpg

Saved up for a lift and tires

Then basically pulled off my bumpers so i made some and got a winch and sliders
IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

Then 3.07's got really old fast so i found a 8.8 with 4.10 and rebuilt it and threw a aussie locker in it
000_0025.jpg

rs2.jpg

000_0004.jpg

000_0316.jpg

Oh it has disks too

matching solid cover for ten bucks on craigs list and 4.10s as well
IMG_0455.jpg

Thanks For Checking out my build so far

Looks good, what's the P/N of that K&N you're running? Notice a big difference with the Chevy pump?

good stuff man:thumbup:... u weld everything up yourself?

im curious about your rear shock locations... with your set up, axle end's mounted parallel with the axle & body end is (stock) perpendicular, then combo'd with the upper relocation, looks like the angles are really opposing... this improve flex/ride??

Nice, surprised i didnt see anything in here about that blown aussie

im curious about your rear shock locations... with your set up, axle end's mounted parallel with the axle & body end is (stock) perpendicular, then combo'd with the upper relocation, looks like the angles are really opposing... this improve flex/ride??

he must have changed the axle side mounts too. I dont see the ones pictured allowing the shock to be leaned over like that.

It gave me the up travel that I lost when moving the lower shock mounts up but I will go through the floor eventually but I need the storage space now.

I like your rear shock crossmember. Very simple but looks good.

Nice dude! Your gonna love that 44. Ive only had mine on the street so far (rocktoberfest is coming up :) ) And i love the stopping power with the bigger brakes, as well as the locking hubs.

If you need any advice or anything like that with the 44, just shoot me a PM and ill be glad to let you know what you need to know.

looks like im going ballistic fab for the coil buckets,lower link and shock mount combo and there link tower for the passenger upper link still looking at the heims vs. jonny joints vs. ballistic joints

Ruffstuff heims and dont look back!

Back