• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Possable to Paint head liner?

XJ Samo

NAXJA Forum User
Is it possable? What type of paint should I use? Tired of the fabric look and sagging. Yes, I have replaced the fabric twice and I have been riding around with it out all together. With summer here and my XJ being dark faded bluegreengray kinda color I feel like I'm cooking the top of my head and want to put it back in with out wasting my time and glueing fabric on again.
Sam

was actually discussing with a buddy about putting the silver stick on insulation(like they use on a/c ducts and copper pipes) inplace of the headliner and then spray painting it whatever color. That way you kill some of the noise and insulate your cab a little better.

Still requires spray adhesive but might be a way to go. Although the fiberglass will eventually seperate from the foil backing. The stuff works well on pipes because it is also tapped on, on ducting its pplied the same way or glued then nailed donw withh a special type of nail.
Sam

has anyone put the vinyl type headliner in? it seems like it would be easy for cleaning. most old trucks ive come across that had them original were still hangin on.

thebrick said:
what about a coating of LineX or Herculiner?

Would it stick to the fiber board?
Sam

I have the same thing wrong with mine I dont want to take every peice of plastic down to change it I was just going to rip the stuff down and paint mine flat black or something

XJ Samo said:
Would it stick to the fiber board?
Sam

Not sure, but you can google their names to get a link to their main website.

For LineX...http://www.goline-x.com/other_uses.shtml

Vehicle Aftermarket: Floorboards, van interiors, wheel well undercoatings, cargo areas, rocker panels, hood protectors, roll cages, bumpers, winch mounts.
Trailers: Boats, livestock, personal watercraft, ATVs, motorcycles, work trailers.
RVs/Motorhomes/Tow Trucks: Loading areas, ramps, fender housings, air dams, front shields.
Marine/Naval Applications: Boat hulls and decks, marine ramps, cargo holds, sea water and list-control tanks.
Manufacturing: Tanks, pumps, mixers, walkways, gratings, vents, ladders, floors and walls.
Agricultural: Farm machinery, silos, feed containers, storage tanks, fertilizer handling equipment.
Food Processing: Walk-in freezers and refrigerators, work tables, wet stations, floors and walls.
Sound Systems: Speaker boxes, concert equipment, sound studios, amplifiers and PA systems.
Outdoor: Playground, park and golf course equipment, pond linings, dog runs, kennels.
General Construction: Retaining walls, roofs, masonry, foundations.
Mining/Petroleum Industry: Pipelines, platforms, storage areas, dump trucks.

sidewys xj said:
I have the same thing wrong with mine I dont want to take every peice of plastic down to change it I was just going to rip the stuff down and paint mine flat black or something
Mine is not even in at the moment so I would be able to paint the whole thing with no need to mask anything.
Sam

Back