• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interior Light wiring Help please?

Patriotsix

NAXJA Forum User
Wiring help please? So where is the fuse for my interior lights? Am I missing something? I put this flush mount LED POD in my rear hatch on the inside. I've been attempting to wire it into the interior dome lights and I CANNOT figure it out! Even if I run it directly to the rear dome light where the light bulb connects, my Flush Mount STILL stays on until I disconnect it. I even tapped into the wiring harness to try it with the wire that controls the dome light and once again it won't go off with the switch or when the doors are shut so I don't understand. I have blown my interior light fuse in the process of trying to figure this out too and idk which one it is.

What kinda vehicle are you working on ? Have you tried using your $5 - $16 Volts/Ohms multi-meter to determine the function of each of the wires in question ? You do know that most dome lamps have a switched power wire, and a constant power wire ? If you spend $7.95 for a digital copy of a genuine Jeep Service Manual, the wire colors and functions are all clearly labeled, as are the fuse locations and the circuits/systems they control.

Last edited:
What kinda vehicle are you working on ? Have you tried using your $5 - $16 Volts/Ohms multi-meter to determine the function of each of the wires in question ? You do know that most dome lamps have a switched power wire, and a constant power wire ? If you spend $7.95 for a digital copy of a genuine Jeep Service Manual, the wire colors and functions are all clearly labeled, as are the fuse locations and the circuits/systems they control.

Where can you get that copy? :geek:

Back