• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Has anyone installed aftermarket Keyless Entry?

GreatOdin'sRaven

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, my 99 Limited has factory keyless entry. I don't have a fob for it but also don't plan on finding/programming the original one.

I want to replace with this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0096DLZLK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_oGRIybVZB90ZT

Has anyone wired in aftermarket Keyless entry? Is it as easy as placing the brain in the center console and splicing some wires in?

Want to know.if this will work before I make the purchase.

Thanks for the help!

PS- I do not have a chipped key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy at work just installed a remote start/keyless entry on his 2000. He said after the remote start was installed all he had to do was tie into the wires for the locks. Avital 4105L on Amazon, $43.

I just did a remote starter/alarm/keyless in my 2000

I used a directed 451m for high current door locks (not sure if it was necessary but I got it for free and didn't want to find out it was necessary after install)

Also those lock/unlock wires can be found in the driver kick no need to go the center console

Back