NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA's Technical Forums > Modified Tech Discussion
Register FAQ Users List Calendar Mark Forums Read
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Donate Bylaws Store Members Chat E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old Yesterday, 06:49
NAXJA Warranty Voider

Re: 4.6 build starts today!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep Driver View Post
Take your smartphone and run a vid, I want to see your tach run through 7200 with the speedo.

Do it or STFU.

Both of you.

You claim, now prove it.
Not possible, started parting the car out about three weeks ago. Probably wouldn't bother if it were possible.

And yes, I did make it personal. You come here to our forums and make big claims about everyone but you not knowing what they are talking about. We have been working with and collaborating on these vehicles for 20 years. As a group we have plenty of experience to share and a strong idea who's talking out their ass, and who's so full of it there eyes are brown. My own build thread is one of the better documented builds in XJ history.

You sir are an ass. We all know it. None of us care.
Old Yesterday, 08:26
NAXJA Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep Driver View Post

Air flow, air flow, air flow.......these engines do not flow. Intake and exhaust limit you for one......cam choice would be another.......I don't recall you mentioning any of that, intakes suck for sure. If anything the intake is smothering any chance of making power above 3500rpm.

Guys expect something that is not there, will never be there.
I tried multiple Strokers. I will never do it again. Not worth the uncertainty nor the cost. But I did notice decent feel of the butt power. Dyno was disappointing, but that likely was due to not able to Keep the 32RH in to 2nd gear. kept starting in 1st, and no way to hold in 2nd.

I do know my Aluminum Edelbrock head flowed more than my camelback SBC heads did on many of 68-72 cevelles, el caminos, and firebird I have owned and built over the last 30 years of building cars/jeeps/etc..

As well as from what I have seen, it outflowed many BBC oval port heads that were OE, or even aftermarket untouched... Including most OE and aftermarket SBC head out there.

And so that you dont go crying to momma about all lies....
http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tablehdc.htm#Chevy
Theres reference for head flows that I quickly found.
And here is MY head flow...

And what it looked like...

Its the one in red...
All your drivetrain And Jeep needs at a Discount! Call us for all your drivetrain & Jeep accessorry needs. If it is for a Jeep we can get it for less and with superior service. Yukon, USA Standard, Motive, Ten factory, Detroit, ARB, Teraflex, Rock Krawler & A LOT MORE..
All items ship FAST! ~ http://www.rwkhaussupply.com ~ Robert@RWKHausSupply.com Free shipping on Rock Krawler kits. Dana 30 no question asked 1yr warranty axle kits FOR LESS!
Old Yesterday, 20:51
NAXJA Member

A few of my thoughts to hopefully add some clarity and address some misconceptions.

Ron contacted me and started this thread with the purpose of building a 4.6 stroker based off a late-model coil pack head with the goal of making good low-end torque with a emphasis on reliability and to easily pass smog.

The engine consists of a Scat 3.985 stroke Crankshaft with a set of my steel bushed connecting rods, Bishop-Buehl/RaceTec 4032 forged pistons. The 0331 head is fully ported with stainless Chevy LS valves and springs, Harland Sharp rollers along with a very conservative Comp cam grind. The iIntake is port matched and opened up to except a 62 mm throttlebody.

I spoke with Mike at Lopers Performance today to clarify questions that I had along with giving me some feedback. He said that Ron nailed it with the choice of 27 pound injectors and confirmed that he made a high gear runs that netted 227HP and 396TQ to the rear wheels putting flywheel horse power at just over 300HP without having to go to 4000 RPM.
Mike said with more pulls and trimming the fuel the power and torque would've increased further.

At this point Ron's objectives were met and no more pulls or changes needed to be made.
Ron is still running his stock exhaust pipe, catalytic converter and muffler.

Don't hesitate to call me if anybody has any questions or would like to discuss stroker kit packages

Russ Pottenger
Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines
531 N. Lyall Avenue
West Covina, California 91790
Work (626) 967-1000
Cell (626) 673-2203
Email/PayPal: RussBnBracing@yahoo.com
- John Wayne
Old Yesterday, 21:05
NAXJA Forum User

I'll elaborate on that thought.........knowing that the basic math of the motor means almost nothing.......my original contact with Russ was about his headwork as I had heard so many good things about him. The numbers that were achieved were far from anything I imagined when I started and his professionalism and devotion to each project gets my highest respect.