• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dead ECM, replaced it. No power, won't rev past 3500.

IHScoutJon

NAXJA Forum User
Picked up a 1995 Cherokee with a 4.7 stroker, 5 speed and a bunch of other work for the girlfriend. On the way home the radiator tank on the passenger side split. Towed home, drove up to my shop, replaced rad.... Won't start. Find out the ECM went bad. Replaced ECM and now it runs. But, hard starts, no power and won't rev past 3500 rpm. I'm going to check the fuel pressure tonite, anything else to check out while I'm digging around? Thanks!

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/59943f309c2f7/20170812_125356.jpg?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That's what I was thinking, but it's borderline not drivable. I figured a half hour of idle to bleed the cooling system and a few laps around the block and it'd learn. No luck there.

sounds like a bad fuel pump. if fuel pressure checks out I would look at the coil, might have burned it up. Crank and Cam sensors will also cause problems sometimes
Going to check fuel pressure tonight. Whole distributor, cps and coil have been done recently. I think the guy i bought it from was starting to have ecm issues and fired the parts cannon at it.

Back