• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yj steering box with xj pitman arm??

_MURDERED OUT_

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking at some deals with YJ boxes tapped for hydro assist, and am wondering if a yj box will work with my XJ pitman arm and steering shaft??? I know its swapable and has 1 more bolt to hold the box on...

I am looking at some deals with YJ boxes tapped for hydro assist, and am wondering if a yj box will work with my XJ pitman arm and steering shaft??? I know its swapable and has 1 more bolt to hold the box on...

The XJ uses a Saginaw steering box. All the Saginaw steering boxes have same the pitman arm spline configuration. If the YJ is using Saginaw steering box, then it will work. However, I've never done this, and I'm just another random guy on the internet, so you should verify before you spend money.

is that setup gonna work with the rockwells?

I'm goin to make it work. Hydraulic assist. Got to buy 1 high steer arm for the rockwell now. I just bought a tapped YJ box for cheap so we will see soon...

Back