• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another good expierence with AJ's Offroad

hollywood32

NAXJA Forum User
Maybe I’m getting cynical but getting a genuinely honest response from a vendor makes me want to share my experience with everyone as if it’s this rare thing and must be told to every one you know before it becomes a myth or legend and disappears for ever.

I called up AJ’s off-road to get some DIY parts for the rear bumper I’m designing. AJ was patiently explaining the pros and cons of different designs with me and after I settle on what I want he gave me the web addresses to order them directly since he orders his from them and would just wind up charging me more to cover the double shipping.

You just can’t beat that kind of customer service.

Is it me or is this kind of customer service getting more and more rare?

Ayways, I just wanted to share a good expierence.

hollywood32 said:
Maybe I’m getting cynical but getting a genuinely honest response from a vendor makes me want to share my experience with everyone as if it’s this rare thing and must be told to every one you know before it becomes a myth or legend and disappears for ever.

I called up AJ’s off-road to get some DIY parts for the rear bumper I’m designing. AJ was patiently explaining the pros and cons of different designs with me and after I settle on what I want he gave me the web addresses to order them directly since he orders his from them and would just wind up charging me more to cover the double shipping.

You just can’t beat that kind of customer service.

Is it me or is this kind of customer service getting more and more rare?

Ayways, I just wanted to share a good expierence.
Yeah, it's getting rare but, it's refreshing when you do come across it. Awhile back, I was putting a Holley Pro-Jection unit on my early Bronco and ordered the kit from Summit Racing well, I also needed the dual tank kit, which consisted of an additional pump, valve, switch and wiring, which, they were out of stock of but, sensing my urgency to complete it, they recommended I go to their competitor.... Jegs. Later when I had a problem with the computer, they sent out another one and said: "just mail us the old one when you get a chance" That's pretty good service! BTW the Pro-Jection unit was the biggest pile of junk I ever came across......it's gone!---------Hans

If you look at Aj's bumpers on his site, his clevis's have a pin that stops them from unscrewing and falling off on the road/trail. I commented to him that I liked that and could not find anything similar locally. Aj offered to go to where he buys them and pick a few up for me, and ship them out at his cost.

I didn't buy my freaking bumper from him (only because he was very busy when it was time to get one) but he still offered to equip me out.

A+

I should really take him up on it too. Lost two damn clevis's at JV.

He's a good guy to deal with. I picked up his rockrails on recommendations from others, and so far they have taking some pretty hard hits without any issues. I'm planning on his front bumper for my junk. I'll probably stop by his shop when I'm back home next time just to say hi.

YES! I ordered my rockrails from him as well, and he gave me the NAXJA discount (10%?). He rapped with me a while on the phone, genuinely concerned with how I was going to run my rig and all that. Nothing but great things to say about AJ, top notch guy.

I sent feedback and pictures of the dents in mine after JV in March. He's going to redesign the super rails, pull the square tube in 3/4" and go thicker on the round tubing.

Back