• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

good offroad mags?

whatevah

It's Yellah!
it's pretty slow at work, so I'm thinking about subscribing to a few magazines. any recommendations for some good 4x4 mags? preferably Jeep-based, but if they're good...

I like JP, 4 wheel drive and suv, dirt trucks and 4 wheel and offroad. If you are really into it get Crawl mag.

Last edited:
really into what?

fisked, the title should explain it, crawl (rock)

okay cool. heard of them before, but never seen an issue.

I have subscriptions to 4wheel and Off-road, Jp, Four Wheeler, 4 Wheel Drive and Sports Utility, and Off-road. Off-road is the weakest as it is more about jacked up full size trucks. I had a comp issue of crawl, but didn't bother subscribing because my interests in buggies isn't that deep.

4 Wheel and Off-road, Jp and 4 Wheel and Sports Utility would be the three I would sucscribe to if I wanted to limit my subscriptions.

Surprisingly, Offroad Adventures mag from 4WP is pretty cool. I get mine every month and read it front to back. best part is its FREE!
-Allen

I already get ORA (bought some stuff them a year ago, so I always get it). I'll look at the local book stores to see if I can spot any of the magazines mentioned to check them out, and then find a website to subscribe. thanks guys

Hit ebay. There is a guy that wholesales subscriptions. About 6-7 years ago I got about a half dozen subscriptions from him for about $40 total.

Crawl Magazine

www.CrawlMag.com

Awesome magazine. They advertise themselves as the most hardcore offroad magazine. Yes, there's lots of buggies, but they have awesome competition coverage (rock crawling, rock racing, desert racing, etc) and they are balancing it out /w more and more trail rides.

The only other one I subscribe to is DirtSports. They're mostly the offroad and desert racing scene.

John

Uh huh.... Mmmmmmmmmmmmm. :doh:

Crawl magazine is one of the only that I read cover to cover. Worth a subscription.

-----Matt-----

You worked/wrote for them too, right? So you have some interest in promoting their mag, no?

Crawl Magazine

www.CrawlMag.com

Awesome magazine. They advertise themselves as the most hardcore offroad magazine. Yes, there's lots of buggies, but they have awesome competition coverage (rock crawling, rock racing, desert racing, etc) and they are balancing it out /w more and more trail rides.

The only other one I subscribe to is DirtSports. They're mostly the offroad and desert racing scene.

John

John, it helps that they promote your business too, right?

I like JP.. I miss Bree. Yeah I agree about Cappa.

Nick

Be careful if you're thinking about subscribing to CRAWL magazine. They are having some drama at the moment with a crooked editor in chief. Great mag, but I haven't seen an issue for a while. And lucky me - I renewed for 2 years back in October.

I would suggest you wait to subscribe when they are back on their feet (if it ever happens).

Be careful if you're thinking about subscribing to CRAWL magazine. They are having some drama at the moment with a crooked editor in chief. Great mag, but I haven't seen an issue for a while. And lucky me - I renewed for 2 years back in October.

I would suggest you wait to subscribe when they are back on their feet (if it ever happens).

Allegedly crooked. None of us really know and we shouldn't be throwing accusations around w/o proof.

Low Range bankrupted too.

Back