• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How do I remove the dipstick tube from my AW4 pan?

goldxj

NAXJA Forum User
I went to pull the pan on my AW4, and I can't get the dipstick tube to come out. How is the tube attached to the pan? Do I "have to" remove the tube bracket from the block 1st? I thought there was an o-ring that held the tube to the pan, but it seems like it's really in there, and I sure as hell don't want to break anything, especially the pump arm. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx,
goldxj

GoldXJ,

Yes, follow the dipstick tube up to the engine bell housing. You will find a bolt, remove it then lower the pan with the tube assy still attached.

When you reinstall first attach the tube to the bell housing then put the pan in place. I learned this is the much easier way to do it. It alot more work to attach the tube after the pan it attached.

Martin

I always leave my dipstik tube attacked to the bellhousing and let the pan and tube drop/swing down as far as it will go. Then I stick in a flat bar (handle of a crecent wrench) and pry the tube out. It is usually stuck on pretty good, but it will pop off with enough force.

Back