• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thought i'd share the new rig..

For the Aerosol dyes. Spray it all and use fingers or a soft brush to ruffle up the fabric. Keeps it from drying too formed. Did it like that on an old hilux project and it turned out well. Not factory soft. But not stiff.

I'll keep that in mind if the RIT dye doesnt cover as well as i hope.

Finally scored a dark Agate center console tonight... been looking for quite some time. This ebay guy has a ton of Jeep parts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390309292312&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Just transferred the tag and titled the ZJ. Now i just need to get it inspected.

Received my center console today, UPS Gorilla's struck again! The armrest was busted off it, the little pieces of plastic still in the box. Contacted the ebay seller alljeepparts and asked if he had another. He doesnt, so he refunded my purchase. This guy is amazing, his customer service is second to none. When i bought and paid for it on ebay, i had a tracking number within twenty minutes... @10PM!, and my email was responded to within minutes today and refund issued minutes later. I'll definately be doing business with him again. He has a large ebay store... check him out if you need something. alljeepparts

bustedconsole1.jpg

bustedconsole2.jpg

bustedconsole5.jpg

I'll have to check him out! Can you fix that? or are you just going to look for another one?

Trying to fix it and use till i can source another console in this color. Cut a strip of steel to back the hinge and will through bolt it... see if it works.

consolerepair1.jpg

Johnny has wheels under his ass again! Took the ZJ in for state safety and emissions testing and passed.

It's been since last August that i'v had a vehicle i wasnt scared to drive thinking it was gonna leave me stranded. I kept throwing parts and labor at the XJ.. but i couldnt trust it. I think i have since found the issue and will address it before the rear axle gets transferred to this Jeep.

For those of you looking for advanced tech in this thread... your not gonna find it. But i did cut and drill a piece of steel to fix my console. :moon:

98consolefixed.jpg

1/4"-20's FTW!!!

Stopped at my buds place yesterday, while wrenching on his Scrambler i noticed how faded his carpet is, so i brought it home and figured i'd dye his before i attempted mine... his has a less dense pile.

Picked up 6 8oz bottles of RIT dye.

RITdye.jpg

Folded the carpet, dropped it a plastic tub and filled with the dye and HOT water solution. I'll let it sit overnight, then hang to dry. Rinse with cold water then let dry again before install. This will give me good feedback for doing mine next.

carpetdye.jpg

20 hours in the tub, it's now out and hanging over a few old lawn chairs. This works well... i'll post before and after pics after we install this carpet.

CJ8dye1.jpg

john your always doing wierd stuff...Put a t-shirt in there too for fun....

Back