• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who has the OME 2" lift?

BALTANAKT

NAXJA Forum User
Hi All,

I just purchased the 2" lift from jeepinoutfitters.

I've read I might need to remove the 3rd leaf from the CS033RB pack. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I would like an even or slightly raked setup. Definitely not baja style. And I would like to install either 30's or 245/75's.

Would it look better if I install the kit as is or if I take out one leaf? Anyone have pics?

Thanks.

http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/products/old-man-emu-2-suspension-kit-jeep-xj-cherokee-1984-01

Last edited:
Too dark for pictures, I have the ZJ fronts & CS033RB rears with one leaf removed. Its sits pretty level, about 20.5" between the center cap & bottom of the trim. That's 2.5" over my other XJ which was stock and without sagging leafs (that measures 18" all around). I run 30's on the lifted XJ people say it looks good.

I installed OME on my 97 with 31 inch tires.

The spring rates (2930 and 33rb)are on the firm-sporty side (matched with the OME sport shocks). The jeep rides firm, but not harsh. It corners precisely on dirt and street. Lift amount has not sagged at all after over a year. 3.5 front (with 3/4 inch spacer) and 4.25 rear. The jeep handles a load of camping gear and remains very stable and predictable.

The OME sport shocks bolt in perfectly and are on the firm side. IMO... They are matched to the springs and provide a solid sport feel....

Look up the ARB-OME spec on your springs. The specs indicate leaf removeal for lower height.

I installed that kit with the third leaf removed. I also added a .75 inch shackle from Fat Bob. The jeep looked good and rode well on 245x75r16 cooper AT3s.
i.php

After adding the 25 gallon gas tank I put back the extra leaf. It still rode fine and there was less body roll. When the weight is removed from the back and the gas tank is low, the back rides a little higher, but it is fine.

The jeep is crammed full of camping gear here:
i.php

Most of the gear removed:
i.php

If you aren't adding a shackle, I would try the whole pack first. If you don't like it, you can remove a leaf later. The other way you could be taking the leaf pack apart twice. Putting the leaf back with the springs installed under the jeep was a PITA. Removing a leaf without removing the spring from the jeep would be easier.

Well that looks really good. Did you have a spacer up front or just the spring? Did your 245's rub while wheeling? It seems like everyone has a different experience with the OME kits. Most of the time the back end is way too high with the full leaf pack.

Well that looks really good. Did you have a spacer up front or just the spring? Did your 245's rub while wheeling? It seems like everyone has a different experience with the OME kits. Most of the time the back end is way too high with the full leaf pack.

Thats why the instructions in many kits call for removing it.

I used the small spacer (extra coil spring isolator) in the front and I have a lot of heavy junk in the back (gas tank skid, tailbone, hitch, ZJ tank). I get light rubbing while wheeling and wouldn't want any less lift with those tires. I believe the discovery at3s run small for the size, something like 30.3" tall.

Alright, well, I decided to pull the 3rd leaf. Also picked up the OME yellow spacer in case I need it. It looks like it's about 1/2" of lift. Currently waiting on parts from jeepinoutfitters.com One leaf spring never arrived and one front shock was missing hardware. I think they are taking care of it. Fingers crossed.

BALTANAKT how do you like the lift? I'm thinking of going with that same setup on my '98. Did you add have to add the front spacer and remove the extra leaf? If so, how much lift did you end up with? I want to be around 2.5.

Too dark for pictures, I have the ZJ fronts & CS033RB rears with one leaf removed. Its sits pretty level, about 20.5" between the center cap & bottom of the trim. That's 2.5" over my other XJ which was stock and without sagging leafs (that measures 18" all around). I run 30's on the lifted XJ people say it looks good.

MD21722, Is a spacer needed for the ZJ fronts? I'm considering going with that setup and want to be around 2.5". Debating whether to go with either the 2930 or 2934.

I've got the 934 springs and they are too soft compared to the rears. Especially if you add a hidden reciever/tow points. They sagged too as they use a thinner wire with fewer coil windings than the OEM zj springs. Just an FYI.

Back