• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

idler pulley went bad and...

jeepnleo

NAXJA Forum User
So my dail driver (chevy silverado) got a flat two days ago. Just needs to be plugged. I am short on cash so I started to drive my jeep. Well today the idler pulley went out in the jeep.

So its 10 to plug the tire and 30 to fix the jeep.

Unfortunatly the tire gets fixed first.

I will fix the jeep before I head up to reiter.

Any local tire store should fix the tire for no charge. I have had this done well over a dozen times all over the place with no issues at all.

I always carry plugs in all of the cars that I own so if this happens in the "middle of no where" you can plug it yourself, Is a kit really that expensive?

I also always carry a spare belt and idler pulley in the XJ. Don't change one without the other. I think I have loned these parts out way more than any other spare part from my XJ.

Michael

Thanks for the info guys. Avetone thanks for the offer. Auburn is a little out of the way with no vehicle.

I will see if les scwab will fix the flat for free and if they do then maybe I will drive out to auurn.

Thanks for the info guys. Avetone thanks for the offer. Auburn is a little out of the way with no vehicle.

I will see if les scwab will fix the flat for free and if they do then maybe I will drive out to auurn.

Back