• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The price of gas.

raypla

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, I'm near Albany NY and let me start off by saying the price of gas in general is outrageous!!!! I started this because I thought it would be interesting to see what everybody else around the country and/or world is paying for gas!

I'll start,per gallon,
Cheapest around 87 octane, $2.54, 89 octane, $2.64, 93 octane, $2.74, diesel, $2.94.

Put your location,octane, price, gallon/liter, and if you want the price of diesel. The only reason I'm interested in the price of diesel is because 1 year ago it was cheaper than 87 greater than $.20. But now it is considerably more.

The most ridiculous part is that gas jumped up $.10 last week WTF

Last edited:
2.21, 2.31, 2.41 respectivley, don't know about diesel.
Lehi, Utah

raypla said:
The only reason I'm interested in the price of diesel is because 1 year ago it was cheaper than 87 greater than $.20. But now it is considerably more.

Yah, that's the way it settled out after Katrina. When folks P&M'd about the price of gas, they got the folks who pissed the furthest off their back by getting the price of gas down. However, deisel and fuel oil still remains high.

There are websites just for this kind of information. You pick a community/city and it gives you the fuel prices in that area as reported by consumers.

http://gasbuddy.com/
I put fuel in the Mj the other day, was 2.68 for 87. Sucks when you've got a 23 gallon tank. I can't imagine a 50 GA diesel tank, let alone filling a semi tractor

San Jose, CA. Hovering up around $2.50 - $2.80/gal for 87 octane, I don't pay attention to the rest.

One of the reasons that Diesel is now higher than gasoline is simple - they finally figured out how to crack Diesel a little more, to get the lightweight paraffinoids that make up gasoline. Therefore, as long as demand for gasoline is high, Diesel supplies will be artifically shortened to make up the gasolie shortfall.

Frankly, I'd like to know why it's been going up in the first place - they don't have to "make" crude oil, and the refining infrastructure has been in place for a number of years now...

5-90

$2.14 for the cheap stuff here on Hill AFB UT

Well, lets see, interest rates are in the pits, stock market same, can't increase cost of food or people will start backyard gardens and home canning. Can't charge for Air or Water... Wonder what we could inflate, especially in North America, that people can't do without..
Sorry, I just see this whole gas/oil thing as a way for the richest to make more money when the other markets are returning nada. All these artificial 'crisis's' that the media makes sure to report, criminals in nigeria kidnapping employees, thats been going on for 20+ years, but now it's front page news and the speculators use it as an excuse to drive up oil prices, Hess refinery shutdown in the carribean for needed repairs, yea, so what, the refineries NORMALLY shutdown in march for 2-4 weeks for winter/summer fuel switchover, maintenance and repairs, thats what march is for, thats been true for 40+ years but lets publicze it and that will give the futures and speculators a good excuse to get 'jittery' and drive prices up again. Anyone notice that as soon as the price for barrel drops more than $3 or $4 there is a sudden crisis in the world somewhere that is used as an excuse to drive prices up.. I watch the wholesale prices and I gotta say they have not gone up in quite a while, still a $1.87 for regular, I attribute this to the local suppliers wanting a bigger slice of the pie, they were I think ignored in this latest profitteering scam so they are going to make up for it using the old tried and true 'summer driving price hike'.

Want to get prices down, don't drive other than to work and combine trips. what I'd like to see is EVERYONE just stop driving, work, play and do it for two weeks. Just my take... I have cut my driving over 50%, I commute 500mi a week, fill up twice, do some of the shopping as needed and preplan my trips for whatever store I need to go to.

Oh yea, $2.49 in Allentown, $2.50 in the poconos... in 20 years they have NEVER been that close in price...usually allentown is 15-20 cents cheaper...

Last edited:
most of the place here were around 2.54-2.59 yesterday. Woke up this morning and saw the closest two station to my house at 2.63 this morning.

the trip to Las Vegas we're taking this weekend (even though it's gonna be in the car, not the Jeep) is gonna be pricey just with gas alone.

we jumped up $0.20 last night from $2.49 to $2.69 for unleaded, havent check diesel yet but its been holding steady $2.50 - $2.60 for the last few months. what really gets me are when i see the station by my work change its prices 4 times in one day, i'm not kidding. i've seen it happen a half dozen times.

xj4life said:
we jumped up $0.20 last night from $2.49 to $2.69 for unleaded, havent check diesel yet but its been holding steady $2.50 - $2.60 for the last few months. what really gets me are when i see the station by my work change its prices 4 times in one day, i'm not kidding. i've seen it happen a half dozen times.

Just in case you did not realize it it works like this.
The stations owners base their gas prices NOT on what they payed yesterday for it but what it will cost to replace it tomorrow from the supplier...

This has all prompted me to buy a bike for the warmer months. 50+mpg.

Gota save save save :)

87 is 2.48 here in VA

i saw the news they said its ''spring maintance time'' for the refineries. wtf. wheres all the extra money EXXON/TIGER and BP are making? i hate our fucking government. some body should start a "whats your view on IMMIGRATION'' thread and why does george bush like all the mexicans running over borders. 'helps economy' no it drives down wages. if they pass this new bill that makes em all Felons, then wages will have to go up. Russia shut down there borders for many years during cold war. guess what, NOBODY came in nor out. tho we let hundereds of them each day just mosey on in. BUILD THE WALL im sorry im just pissed at our country in general.

$2.79 for 87,2.89 for 89,2.98 for 91, not sure about Diesel
San Luis Obispo, CA
But back at home in Avalon its somewhere near, $3.75 for 87, 3.85 for 89, 3.95 for 91
Man am I glad I drive an ATV around at home....

$2.50 for cheap gas like Arco, Safeway, ect. $2.60 for stuff like Chevron and 76. Thats for 87. In the PNW. Big cities its more. The boonies its more. Outskirts, cheaper.

Diesel is almost $3.00 a gallon. What a joke! Raise the price of the cheapest fuel to more than gas.

Its gone up like .40 cents in the last 3-4 weeks. Summers coming!

Back