• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

North Padre Beach Cleanup 198 April 2015

xjintx

NAXJA Forum User
North Padre Beach Cleanup 18 April 2015

OK, guys... who wants to help... heck make it a club event?

The North padre beach cleanup is held twice a year.... the next being The Spring Adopt-A-Beach cleanup April 18th at 8:30 AM.

When I rode with the Nissan group we would do this run annually. If you have been to North Padre you know it's 60 miles of 4x4 area. They get a lot of support for the Public and 4x2 area but not so much the 4x4 area. With a dozen trucks and 20+ members we would hardly make a dent in a few miles of beach :(

We would drive down and Camp where we wanted and then on Sat clean as much as we could in 4 hours. They have support staff to pickup the trash bags or we can drop off ourselves at the Ranger Station. The Sierra Club actually goes through all the trash and catalogs it. It's pretty amazing and sad the amount of trash that floats in.

Sat night we always had a big SEAFOOD boil. Everyone just chips in some fresh local seafood they buy or money to help offset. It makes for a fun night around the fire and by the ocean :)

I am doing it for sure but checking to seeing if there is any interest from others?

Last edited:
The only way I'd be able to make that is if I didn't do ROM.....hmmmmm

edit: nope that's the weekend we're having my son's birthday

Not sure I'd be able to make it in April, but we'll see. I definitely wouldn't mind making another trip down there.

Do they make sandproof tents? lol

Hmmmm...how about a another weekend for just a cruise and camp on the beach? I'd love to do it sometime and I missed out on it last year when y'all went. I can't do it this year on that weekend either.

Will, I'm game for whenever a group can go. I can go to cleanup with my family and then have a good run with a group too :)

Now I can't don't want to drive to the cleanup this weekend. I need to get issues with the Heep resolved that I broke in the rally :(

Oh just dented quarter panel and broke CB antenna. BUT I had a sound like wheel bearings or something only while driving. I thought at first lockers but don't think so. I'm heading out to the Overland Expo and need it right so going to pull apart... I'm going to replace ball joints if nothing else.

Oh just dented quarter panel and broke CB antenna. BUT I had a sound like wheel bearings or something only while driving. I thought at first lockers but don't think so. I'm heading out to the Overland Expo and need it right so going to pull apart... I'm going to replace ball joints if nothing else.
Where is the full rally report?

Back