• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sway Bar bushings - poly or rubber?

Chancer

NAXJA Forum User
My steering's pretty sketchy, and I've been told my swaybar bushings are getting past it, so it's time to look into getting the front end back up to scratch - are the poly bushing kits you get for this application worth paying the extra for? I've searched and seen you all slating the poly bushings for vibrations, but that tends to be with regard to the motor mounts and suspension - what are peoples' thoughts on using them in the steering/ front end componentry?

TIA

Poly's for use on a sway bar is of no issue. It will tighten things up nicely on the road.

I have them in my contral arms and like them except for the squeaks.

MK96XJ said:
Poly's for use on a sway bar is of no issue. It will tighten things up nicely on the road.

I have them in my contral arms and like them except for the squeaks.

Yeah, me too. I have poly bushings in UCA's, LCA's, front & rear swaybars. The squeaking is a bit annoying but that doesn't matter if you've got the music on though. The ride is a bit harsher and you can feel more road imperfections being transmitted to your backside, but the handling is much tighter and you can really throw the Jeep around the corners.
I love 'em.

Back