• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Dana 44 compatability questions..

MDMIKE

NAXJA Forum User
This is probably a total newbie question, but I've searched and I can't find what I'm looking for. I'm in the process of building an 86' Wagoneer 44 for the front of my XJ. I have a set of six bolt Chevy flat top knuckles that have been drilled and tapped for high-steer arms with an arm on the passenger side only. My question is, will all of the Wagoneer "outer" components such as the caliper brackets, calipers, rotors, etc. work on the chevy knuckles or do I have to use another combination of parts to get this to work? I want to stick with the six lug pattern for the wheels because the rear 44 out of the same truck is going in at the same time. On a related note, the truck I got the axles from did not come with locking hubs. Am I going to have to buy new rotors in order to switch to locking hubs or does someone make a "locking hub conversion kit" for the Wagoneers? I know a few guys on this board have done this, but my search skills are apparently not the greatest. Any help you could give me is greatly appreciated. Feel free to flame away!

TIA
MIke

The waggy outers and the chevy outers are exactly the same, and everything will bolt on with minimal fuss. If the waggy had drums (i don't think any drivers drop waggies had drums), there will be a difference in stub shaft length, and you'll need the chevy stub to get the shaft engaged correctly.

If the waggy had drive flanges (soild metal full time splined unit), then Warn hubs bolt right on. You can tell this by the shiny chrome caps that come on the full time units (they are dust caps).

CRASH

Back