• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4 Cyl Axles

reson46

NAXJA Forum User
Can anybody recommend some good salvage yard web sites that would have a set of 97-00 four cylinder XJ axles? For the front, I am looking for a post 97, high pinion, D30 with 4.10 gears and the larger u-joints. For the rear, I am looking for an 8.25 with 4.10 gears and the larger 29 spline shafts. I am basically trying to find the easiest way to a little more strength and better gearing for my 94. I have had no luck checking out the local KC junk yards that are listed in the phone book.

Thanks

did the post 97's come with low pinions? i thought mopar switched to low pinions on both cherokees and tj's for production benefits and whatnot

In the XJs, the majority continued to use high pinion D30s until sometime in 2000 I think. I have heard some reports that a few low pinions were mixed in before that, but they were mostly high pinion.

Back