• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FENDER FLARES

SPSERG

NAXJA Forum User
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! So I'm back on the thought process of fender flares. My 99 XJ has about 4.5 lift and I only run 31's but they do extend past the OEM flares a bit. Now that Mass has gone to this extreme annual vehicle inspection, I'm looking for solutions. When I ran to the store this morning, I saw another XJ in the lot with what appeared to be pocket style flares, but I'm fairly sure they were installed over the OEM flares and not cut at all. I've thought about pocket flares, but I cannot bring myself to cut pristine sheet metal. Of course there are dozens of flares out there, but has anyone seen a pocket style flare that install over the stock flare? Thanks!

I think the only pocket style flares are cut out ones. Bushwhacker, Napier or the cheap Chinese eBay ones.
I just finished installing bushwacker flat style flares on mine. I have a 4.5" lift and 33x12.5's the flares pretty much cover the tires and made the wheel opening quite a bit bigger.

I think the only pocket style flares are cut out ones. Bushwhacker, Napier or the cheap Chinese eBay ones.
I just finished installing bushwacker flat style flares on mine. I have a 4.5" lift and 33x12.5's the flares pretty much cover the tires and made the wheel opening quite a bit bigger.
X2

I have a similar set up. A 4 inch lift with 31s. My tires sit inside the stock flares. The difference might be I am running Jeep Ravine wheels.

picture.php

picture.php

find a set of stock XJ wheels, they will sit the tire back under the flare. I have 33x10.50R15s on the stock 5 spoke wheels and they are still tucked. (granted they do rub, but I will be getting different wheels and flares eventually)

Back