NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old September 2nd, 2016, 17:56
NAXJA Forum User

Re: My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

Rockdrummer,

My curiosity is wondering what the diff clearance is under the front axle aired up on the Military MTs? You mind pulling a tape measure on that?
Old September 2nd, 2016, 17:59
NAXJA Forum User

My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

Yeah I can as soon as I get them back on.. Which will probably be sometime within them the next week or two

Sent from my iPhone
Old September 25th, 2016, 13:27
NAXJA Forum User

Starting to get fed up with this PSC system. I took the Jeep out a couple weeks ago and after a few trails the steering got real hard to steer. Would work fine if I brought the rpms up. After probably the 3rd trail I hit I could smell fluid so stopped and popped the hood. Power steering fluid everywhere! Looked like it was the pressure line. Came home and replaced it. Took the Jeep out again Friday got it off the trailer and as I was pulling into our campsite i could smell fluid again and saw smoke coming up from my hood vents. Popped the hood and again fluid everywhere. Had my girlfriend turn the wheel as I watched the pump to see where it was coming from and saw that it was skirting out the front seal of the pump. After talking to a PSC rep I took some pictures and pulled the pump out. Gonna send the pump in sometimes this week and consult with the rep I talked to Friday to figure out why the seal blew out to begin with.
Old October 31st, 2016, 09:09
NAXJA Forum User

I think the steering is fixed.. I rerouted some lines and bought a bigger cooler. I probably went a little overkill on the cooler but rather be safe than sorry. Might be going to harlan for thanksgiving break if not then sometime in december with the Clemson Offroad group. Probably won't make both but we'll see,

Old November 28th, 2016, 16:53
NAXJA Forum User

So ended up at The Flats for Black Friday. I think I finally got this Jeep working the way I want it to. Need to dial in a couple odds and ends. Steering and all works greats when the Jam nuts don't come loose. Will be getting those set and tacked in now. But other than that all is good!

Old July 4th, 2017, 13:29
NAXJA Forum User

My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

So been a good while since I've posted anything on the Jeep. Honestly haven't done much to it since I posted last. I did get a front diff cover for the 60 and got some new rock lights installed.. I did however put the jeep back on the road the other week but so far that's been a failure.. I picked up my old blue labels from the guy I sold them to for $150 with some tread still left and some H2s sometime before that. So it's just like it use to be lol. It's first trip out it was towed back. Jeep has just been randomly shutting off. When I try to start it back up it just turns over, but after it sat for a while it'd start back up for a little while then shut off again. At first I thought it was the CPS so replaced it this morning and took it out. Got to my girlfriend's house to pick her up get back in to leave and it won't start with a new sensor so I don't know what's going on..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old July 16th, 2017, 19:32
NAXJA Forum User

My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

I believe I got the jeep fixed.. put a Mopar CPS in it and it seems to be doing fine.. also installed a header today. Wasn't really planning on it but found one forsale locally that was never installed, so scooped it up. Got an AOP trip coming up in a few weeks. Hopefully gonna claim some redemption from the last time and wheel more then 2 trails haha

Old July 17th, 2017, 09:31
NAXJA Forum User

I did not see a year for your XJ. I assume you have a 2000-2001 because of the two precats. Whose header did you get?

David
Old July 17th, 2017, 10:22
NAXJA Forum User

My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJAZ View Post
I did not see a year for your XJ. I assume you have a 2000-2001 because of the two precats. Whose header did you get?

David

Yeah it's an 01. Not real sure what brand header it is. It was still in sealed plastic when I bought it but otherwise no paper work on it. It does however look like a well built header.

Old July 17th, 2017, 20:11
NAXJA Forum User

Not sure what you do eith your jeeo butva d44 rear is a tough axle. Do you take it on trails?
Old July 17th, 2017, 20:23
NAXJA Forum User

My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan03 View Post
Not sure what you do eith your jeeo butva d44 rear is a tough axle. Do you take it on trails?

I haven't had a rear d44 for about 3 years now. I do take the jeep on the trails quite frequently. I'm running a pair of Dana 60s now

Old July 31st, 2017, 20:00
NAXJA Forum User

My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

So AOP was a fail yet again.. Get up there and the jeep seemed to do alright riding around Friday night not actually hitting any trails. Go out Saturday get in the middle of my first trail and bam dies.. spent like two hours getting it out.. it would start sometimes and run for a little bit then die again and not start back up till it felt like it. Not quite sure what I'm gonna do but need to figure something out..