• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Kelly Flats 6/25

I can make it either way. I'd just prefer to go up there Saturday to run the trail and then camp out vs camping out and then running the trail with a big group prior to tearing down camp.

My attendance depends 100% on where I'm at with mine - hopefully I can make it!

Should make this the chutes should be fun ...lol...folks say a wide rig will not fit , but I beg to differ . Be great if time permits a bit of play time at the Quarry ...lol...I never even knew that place existed until this thread but from the looks of the Woods Run it looks like must visit spot for a caged rig .

Should make this the chutes should be fun ...lol...folks say a wide rig will not fit , but I beg to differ . Be great if time permits a bit of play time at the Quarry ...lol...I never even knew that place existed until this thread but from the looks of the Woods Run it looks like must visit spot for a caged rig .

I went through with my jku with full widths last year and it isn't too bad.

Me and the fam should be able to make this run.

Not when I ran Kelly flats. I was still running worn down 39.5 r20 Iroks that sucked ass. I also did the Chutes no problem on a Waggy D44 front Explorer 8.8 rear with 36" Iroks on my 92 XJ.

Not when I ran Kelly flats. I was still running worn down 39.5 r20 Iroks that sucked ass. I also did the Chutes no problem on a Waggy D44 front Explorer 8.8 rear with 36" Iroks on my 92 XJ.

I don't think the chutes look like much ...lol...I just have been told it won't fit ,but it looks like a paved road to me for locked rig on 40+ rubber ...the Quarry on moody looks like it has some great ledge climbs I never knew that was up there until this thread...If no time to play there during the chapter run I will have to make a trip .

The chutes are ok, they can be a bitch until you figure out the line. It's a short obstacle so once you figure out the line it's easy. The quarry on moody has more options to play on. I think tire more than width will be your struggle. Your current tires suck even more than 39.5" Iroks. You need to fix that.

The chutes are ok, they can be a bitch until you figure out the line. It's a short obstacle so once you figure out the line it's easy. The quarry on moody has more options to play on. I think tire more than width will be your struggle. Your current tires suck even more than 39.5" Iroks. You need to fix that.

Yeah...lol...they are hard rubber I did pull most everything on hard lines on Carnage until the rear truss let go even on hockey puck hard tires , so comp rubber should make it walk most things ...it is looking like 42Irok comp tires .

I've got a real motor :D

Nope, Carnage finally claimed me.

My rear DS bolts at the t-case decided to come loose and walk off 50 feet into the trail.

Literally idling along and boom. So, looks like I'll want to get a new t-case flange and new DS flange.

Then, on the V-Notch, my front upper frame side link mount decided to leave the party.

So, I've got some work to do, and it's not first on the list with other things I've made commitments to.

Might have to burn some midnight oil after giving time to other things.

The last two trips have not gone so well in my favor, or in several of our favors for that matter!

But, in the the world of stuff we're playing in...play big, break big.

I do kind of miss the days of "simple" breaks :laugh:

A D30 shaft snapping doesn't scare me, but a chromo D60 one does (a lot more energy sending parts possibly all over).

Last edited:
Being in the Notch is shyt place to break and have to fix it in there . You probably tweaked that uca mount from the roll on the big hot tub .

Are the obstacles by-passable? What are the minimum requirements for the trail in terms of tire size/locker(s) etc.? That forest service link says the area is closed - was that an oversight on their behalf? Does anybody have any pics of an XJ on Kelly Flats? I'm going to borrow one from google for now.

Last edited:
Back