• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

moparmans mj build

moparmansfield

NAXJA Forum User
picked up my second mj a couple weeks ago. i have a thread in the sierra chapter, but ill bring it over here for more tech. its a 91, 5 speed(ax15), d30/d44, 7' rustys l.a. kit. prerunner bedsides and front flares. for now i need to make it a dd. going to be playing with the welder soon after.. heres some pics.

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

as it sits now, waiting for gears.

99871f81.jpg

your input is welcome

I think it looks better with the big tires.

i think so too. its temporary till it gets 488s.

question: the rear axle yoke does not have anything on it to hold the ujoint-raised sections to hold ujoint caps in place-...is this normal? my zj has it on its d35. I can't get the rear ujoint to stay centered, and im pretty sure its causing a vibration. any ideas?

question: the rear axle yoke does not have anything on it to hold the ujoint-raised sections to hold ujoint caps in place-...is this normal?
It's not normal for mine. Little tits on both sides center the joint.

ordered up a new yoke for the d44. p.o. must have broke the cap retainers off somehow. getting paid on friday so ill be ordering the 488s for it then. jeep should be geared and ready by next weekend.

dd80f361.jpg

0719883f.jpg

installed a new 97+ front clip. also got 4.88s put in the d44. looking for a nondisconnect hp30 to swap in the front and gear. paint/bodywork coming soon.

Yeah im going to cut them flush. Hopefully next weekend ill have some time to start on the body work and get that done as well. I need to put some better motor mounts in too, so it might have to wait.

Let me guess, your trying to trade this for a 2002 Honda CBR F4i? Cause I know just the guy....

Looking good so far. What are you wheeling in the meantime?

the zj, somewhat. mainly been working on both my rigs trying to get them in good shape. zj still needs the 44 swapped in and gears and steering. the mj just needs a nondisconect 30 and gears and steering.

ordered up some browndog motor mounts to try to get rid of the sloppyness. heres a updated pic. painted the front bumper and tube doors installed.

31518d83.jpg

I love love love white jeeps but looks way better in tan.

why the bigger tires? Thought goal was light and smaller rotating mass with heavy throttle = fun?

I love love love white jeeps but looks way better in tan.

why the bigger tires? Thought goal was light and smaller rotating mass with heavy throttle = fun?

Thanks man, I didn't know if I was going to like the tan, but man I'm glad I picked it.

4.88s. plenty of power left. The 35s that were on it were horrible and I got these for WAY cheap. The jeep has been on the street alot and will most likely get babied for little while. Thinking about pickin up a sidebyside for the fun stuff.

Back